Excuse me but your boat is rocking

I have tried in writing these blogs to be very open about my own shortcomings and this blog will be no different. Most of you know that these last ten years of my life have been ones of endurance and trusting in the Lord. That no matter what the circumstances I have continued to press through by the grace of God. That has taught me a lot.

Living a prophetic lifestyle can be challenging. It’s all too often that we can see
ourselves into what we know God wants us to do with our lives, but it can be really frustrating not being there. We must learn how to press toward the goal, but still be okay with where we are today. We must remember that God has timings and seasons for our lives. I think many times we’ve gotten too religious about this principle. We think “if I’m not where I’m supposed to be. . .in my destiny. . .it must be something I’m not doing.” Sometimes that may be the case, but not always. It could just be because God has to get you to His timing. I went through many years of getting very frustrated with my faith. I have told you all how I felt

God speak to me when I was 16 about my destiny in Him. How he called me into ministry when I was 12. But when things didn’t begin happening when I thought they should I got grumpy!!! I said I was in faith over my life, but I have a confession. .. It wasn’t really faith. Because when it didn’t happen again, or another agent turned me down, or someone else told me I was following a pipe dream. . .when the circumstances didn’t change then I would spiral into an emotional tail spin.

Faith is stable regardless of the circumstance! Faith is stable no matter what anyone has said. Faith is stable. It’s consistent and its constant. Going up and down on emotions is like an emotionally charged roller coaster. It’s tiring and in the end you feel
exhausted.

James 1:6-8 says, “ But let him ask in faith, with no doubting, for he who doubts is like a wave of the sea driven and tossed by the wind. For let not that man supposed that he will receive anything from the Lord; he is a double minded man, unstable in all his ways.Philippians 4:11-13 “ Not that I speak in regard to need for I have learned in whatever state I am, to be content: I know how to be abased, and I know how to abound. Everywhere and in all things I have learned both to be full and to be hungry, both to abound and to suffer need. I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

I have news for you folks. You cannot do ALL things through Christ who strengthens you until you learn how to be stable in HIM!!! Because it takes faith to do ALL things. It takes the faith of someone who truly trusts and believes God despite of what the doctors are telling them. It takes faith to believe God over what the mortgage company might say. It takes faith to look at an empty frig, and realize that even if I have
to eat pasta for a month, I thank God for what I have because it’s food. :-) It takes faith to remain consistent. No matter what, God is still God and I choose to trust Him.

How do you become content??? That was what I asked someone once. I told her
I didn’t know how. She responded you just make the choice. She was right. Sometimes it’s a constant choice, but it’s a choice.

Years ago I was in the midst of a downward pit moment when I pushed through a crowd to a mighty woman of God. She looked at me and said, “You’re too mature in Him to be acting like this. Joshua 1:5-10!” and then she walked away. Her words cut deep, and despite my annoyance. . . She was right. Joshua 1:5-10 to abbreviate, this is in my words, but be bold in courageous because when you’re on God’s side He promised you success!!

Is your boat rocking today??? Are you going up and down and all around being tossed like a wave? It’s emotionally tiring isn’t it? You don’t have to live like that. You can choose to hold on to the rock of Christ Jesus. You can choose to be stable and trust Him! You can chose to ask Jesus into your life, and to teach you how to be stable. Because I promise you, He wants you to have good success too! He wants you to hold onto Him! He wants you to speak to your circumstances and command that they be still.

How is your faith today??

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

....And I broke the Pickle Jar

Lessons Learned In The Pruning Season

Don't Fall For the Fake Jakes!