I’m just weird

My mother can testify that while I was growing up I was one of those kids that was so desperate to fit in with everyone. I just wanted to be normal. But somewhere in
the stages of maturity I began to realize some things about myself. I began to realize that I like to be unusual. I like to be the kind of person that fits in, but yet is just slightly walking at the rate of their own beat. Gradually I stopped trying to fit in with everyone else and began to embrace the person God created me to be. Jeremiah 1:5“ Before I formed you in the womb I knew you; Before you were born I sanctified you; I ordained you a prophet to the nations.”

God created you for you to be you. That doesn’t mean I’m giving everyone the right to go and sin and you can say “oh but this is me.” That’s not what I’m saying. God didn’t create you to be in sin. I am saying God created you for specific tasks and characteristics and by you being yourself. you’re bringing glory to His name. A friend (Jeff Ferguson, for those that know him) says that the Lord spoke to him once and said that the trees were bringing praise unto the Lord’s name because they were fulfilling what God put them on the earth to do. By being yourself, and the person God created you to be. . .you’re being a praise to God.

1 Corinthians 12:14
I want you to think about how all this makes you more significant, not less. A body isn't just a single part blown up into something huge. It's all the different-but-similar parts arranged and functioning together. If Foot said, "I'm not elegant like Hand, embellished with rings; I guess I don't belong to this body," would that make it so? If Ear said, "I'm not beautiful like Eye, limpid and expressive; I don't deserve a place on the head," would you want to remove it from the body? If the body was all eye, how could it hear? If all ear, how could it smell? As it is, we see that God has carefully placed each part of the body right where he wanted it.

I know it’s easy to just blend into the crowds and pretend that your something your not. But it is so liberating to realize what you’re called to do in the body of Christ and just do it. We can’t all be the same.

One of the things that really annoys me is when people try to shove me into a mold of their making. I realize many have good intentions, and accepting wise council is a good thing, however to be true to the person God created you to be we can’t keep trying to
force each other in the body into mold we think they ought to fit. God created us all unique. When we try to force each other to be other wise, it’s like making someone wear pants that are way too tight, eventually that seam is going to rip, and it won’t be pretty when it does. You have to learn how to love yourself, be yourself, and embrace your individuality, and if someone doesn’t like that don’t make that your problem. Pray for them and move on.

My dear late grandmother and I had an ongoing conversation. She used to always tell me, “You’re weird.” To which I would always respond, “Thank you.” On Saturday I’m getting a strip of hair dyed hot pink. Some have asked if it was a middle age crises and some have just awkwardly laughed thinking I was silly. I am who I am, and though I’m
not perfect I’ve learned to embrace who God made me. It’s liberating to be able to accept that. I have my moments, but who doesn’t. Be comfortable enough in yourselves dear friends that if you don’t fit in with the world realize that’s not a bad thing. Simply say “thank you.”

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

....And I broke the Pickle Jar

Lessons Learned In The Pruning Season

Don't Fall For the Fake Jakes!