I'm rubber and you're glue

“I’m rubber and your glue. What ever you say bounces off of me and sticks to you!” When I was around six or seven my sister, who is six years older, and I were arguing over this phrase. We agreed that for an entire year I would be glue and she would be rubber, and after that year we would switch. Why I agreed to this I will never know. I always have been a bit naïve. But we agreed. I suppose my sister probably assumed that I would never remember when the year was up. But I did. I plotted for an entire year. I remember coming up with all the names I could call her and she couldn’t say anything. I’m not sure if you call that persistent or seeking revenge but either way I was sure I was going to make sure that I got even. I can still remember the day that the year was up. We were piling into my mom’s dusty red Pinto. My sister was in the front passenger seat and I the back. I had been plotting my announcement all morning and it seemed to me that it was a perfect time. Right before my mother started the car I practically sang, “The year is up! It’s my turn to be rubber!” To which my sister replied quickly without even batting an eyelash, “I’m not playing any more!” If rage can sweep through an eight year old. It did to me that day. I lunged at her from the back seat ready to charge her there in the idling car.

Many times in your Christian life it’s easy to get frustrated and discouraged and think that all you’ve been working for is in vain. Often times I’ve seen ones who feel that God has simply “stopped playing” so their anger towards Him begins to fester.
Hebrews 12:2 says, “looking unto Jesus, the author and finisher of our faith, who for the joy that was set before Him endured the cross, despising the shame, and has sat down at the right hand of the throne of God.”Luke 14:28-29 says, “For which of you, intending to build a tower, does not sit down first and count the cost, whether he has enough to finish it—lest, after he has laid the foundation, and is not able to finish, all who see it begin to mock him,”
God is pretty big on finishing what He begins! In fact Jesus’ last words on the earth before he died on the cross were, “It’s finished.” God finishes what He begins. He does not quit or change. He’s not out to frustrated and annoy His kids. What kind of loving father would do that? God wants you to hold on and know that He will finish
what He has started.

There is a rumbling frustration that I have felt deep in many a believer and myself at times. It’s the frustration of “why things don’t seem to be happening when you thing they should.” Sometimes I’ve seen that frustration turn to anger at God. But what does God say? Galatians 6:9 says, “And let us not grow weary while doing good, for in due season we shall reap if we do not lose heart.”

Do not loose heart! Do not grow frustrated and angry at God. I promise you. . .He didn’t quit playing. So you shouldn’t either. What has He spoken to you. Continue to stand and believe Him. For He has such good plans for you. Trust in Him! Hold on, help is on the way!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

....And I broke the Pickle Jar

Lessons Learned In The Pruning Season

Don't Fall For the Fake Jakes!