Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet?

As a prophetic and vision driven people one of the hardest challenges, in my opinion, is to be able to see yourself at point B and still have to live in point A. God’s timing is never our own. It can get very frustrating in the waiting time. For myself I never expected for things to take as long as they have. I often say that it’s true “you can do All things through Christ that strengthens you,” but maturity in the Lord has taught me you don’t get there over night.

Some years back after the birth of my first daughter God gave me a revelation one day. I think I was frustrated over something she was doing and I said to the Lord, “Yup you really knew what you were doing when you didn’t have any children on the earth.” To which I believe I heard God chuckle and respond, “I have millions of them on the earth.” That got me thinking. Would it be possible if we treat God the very way our children treat us? “Daddy!” As we stomp our feet, we cry, “Let me be done!!! Are we there yet? When are we going to be there?! How much longer is this going to take? Can’t you see I’m waiting here? I can’t set here anymore! I’ll hold my breath until I turn blue then you have to stop!! I won‘t talk to you anymore!” When I was a kid my dad wouldn’t stop the van unless he needed gas. If you think about it God’s got millions of kids doing that to Him all the time.

Here’s what the Bible says. Philippians 4:6 in the NIV says, “Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God.” 1 Chronicles 28:20 in the Message says, “David continued to address Solomon: "Take charge! Take heart! Don't be anxious or get discouraged. God, my God, is with you in this; he won't walk off and leave you in the lurch. He's at your side until every last detail is completed for conducting the worship of God. You have all the priests and Levites standing ready to pitch in, and skillful craftsmen and artisans of every kind ready to go to work. Both leaders and people are ready. Just say the word." Psalm 34:4 in the Message says, “God met me more than halfway, he freed me from my anxious fears.”

God knows your frustration. He wants you to fulfill your destiny in life as much as you do. He is not a God that would shake it in front of your face just for him to move it. But getting frustrated and throwing a fit is not going to get you any faster. When my kids throw fits, it makes the ride so much more unbearable and I usually start ignoring my kids. I’m not saying God ignoring you, but I am saying frustration does move Him. Faith does. Hebrews 11:6 says, “But without faith it is impossible to please Him, for he who comes to God must believe that He is, and that He is a rewarder of those who diligently seek Him.”

Would you rather be known to God as the one that’s throwing a fit, or be known as His child of faith. Be at peace today. Be at peace and know that the One who called you Is Faithful, and He will see you through what He started.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

....And I broke the Pickle Jar

Lessons Learned In The Pruning Season

Don't Fall For the Fake Jakes!