Honoring One of God’s Generals


Many of you have heard the story of how Dan and I got to Freedom Life Church almost nine years ago now. Long story short, I had always known that it was very important for Dan and I to be in the right church during this season of our lives, and there were things God needed to impart to us and wherever we were to go. I knew that these people who were supposed to shepherd us for that time were praying us there too. Even longer story short I heard God tell me to go to Central Flordia. On a Monday we left Ohio, on Tuesday we arrived in Florida, and through a series of events on Wednesday we were at Freedom. Pastor Arthur got up on the platform took one look at Dan and I and began to prophesy to us that we were right where God wanted us to be. He began reading our mail as they say in prophetic churches. He knew these things by the Holy Spirit. In the years following Pastor Arthur and Debra have come to mean so much to us. It has been our privilege and honor to serve them through the years. Freedom was started in there living room 19 years ago. Today it averages about 300 and growing.


Pastor Arthur Lee was one of the most amazing men I have ever had the privilege to know. His bold faith and encouraging words were always in abundance. He was more to me than a pastor, he was a friend, and a he was a spiritual father to me. My children called him "Poppy". He always believed the best in me. He always wanted His "children" to go further than he could go. There are few people I would say that I would have jumped in front of a bullet or a speeding car for, and Pastor Arthur was one of them. He never backed down from a fight. Formerly an ex gymnast and bull rider, He taught me so much about life. He helped raise me spiritually.


Many have talked to me this morning wanting to know where God is in all of this. I tell you people He is with us. As I sat on the couch this morning weeping for the loss of this beloved man I thought, "We're moving forward. Because he put too much in all of us to back down now. Pastor Arthur lives forever in heaven, and the seeds he's sown in us will bear fruit." I could almost hear Pastors voice in the background saying, "That's my girl! Hiya!"


1 Thesssalonians 5:12 says, "And now my friends, we ask you to honor those leaders who work so hard for you, who have been given the responsiblity of urging and guiding you along in your obedience. Overwhelm them with appriciation and love!"


In the short 49 years of Pastor Arthur Lee's life he has built a legacy. It spans cities, states and several countries. His spiritual children are forever changed by his life and his love. We will move forward because we have both a Father in heaven and a spiritual daddy looking down on us now cheering us on. Yes, I'm hurt and I'm mourning. But, as sons and daughters we will go forward and pick up his banner. We will move on. Because it was an honor to serve him all these years. His was a life well lived for the glory of God.


*This picture is of Pastor Arthur and Debra holding my youngest daughter after she was born. Please keep Pastor Debra and the family in your prayers.

Comments

  1. that is so true. i can still feel him here with me just like i can feel God with me.I am sad for the horrible pain he suffered and the fact i can never see him again on this earth but I am relieved that he is not suffering and i know that at 5:13 am God said "Well done my good and faithful servant". Arthur Jackson Lee is with his daddy for all eternity. I will never forget his kind eyes and how he always loved me even when i disgusted myself. I am praying for Mrs.Debra,Lindsy and the rest of the family.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

....And I broke the Pickle Jar

Lessons Learned In The Pruning Season

Don't Fall For the Fake Jakes!