Yes, Sometimes You Have to Eat the Brussels Sprouts!

My kids are usually good vegetable eaters, but about a month ago I decided on some fresh Brussels sprouts. That didn’t go over well. My youngest looked at them and without even batting an eyelash looked up at me and said, “My grandpa told me that you had to feed me cereal.” To which I laughed and she still had to eat one.

There are things in life that you must do because that’s what God wants you to do whither you like it or not. Right after college I had two different job possibilities opening up for me. One would have been an internship in my field. It had no insurance but I was young and I could have worked something out, and the other was a job selling high end jewelry. The Lord spoke to me to take the jewelry job. I wasn’t too happy about that situation, but later it worked out to be a total God thing. Because of that job when I moved to Pittsburg after I married Dan I could just transfer, and in the craziness that happened later and we were unexpectedly pregnant I had prenatal coverage. God knew that I needed to take the one job because He saw the end from the beginning, and knew in the instance of my decision where I would be a year later. It even worked out later that I got a chance to work a little job with that other internship as well.

When Jesus prayed at the Garden of Gethsemane He wasn’t very thrilled at God’s plan and purpose Luke 22:42 says, "Father, if you are willing, take this cup from me; yet not my will, but yours be done." Can you imagine if Jesus would have said , “nope I’m not doing that!” Of course not, we’d all be headed to Hell if He did. Jesus choose to allow himself to be beaten and brutally murdered. Jesus prayed in the garden for God’s will to come forth and He did. He had a choice.

There will be times in your walk with the Lord that you have to get to the conclusion that if you really gave your life to God, then you must allow Him to steer you where He knows best. Isaiah 30:21 says, “Whether you turn to the right or to the left, your ears will hear a voice behind you, saying, "This is the way; walk in it." God is the author and finisher of our faith. He knows the beginning from the end. He looks at where you’re at now and sees you 20 years later. If we’re truly going to trust Him with our lives we must trust that God has good plans for you. He has good plans for His children. We must trust that He knows what He’s doing despite of what you may see right now. You must trust that His purpose and destiny for your life is bigger than what you may realize. You must learn to truly trust Him as your God and know that He is on your side. He will never leave you nor forsake you. He is your rear guard!

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

....And I broke the Pickle Jar

Lessons Learned In The Pruning Season

Don't Fall For the Fake Jakes!