Know when to hold 'em, know when to fold 'em, know when to walk away, and know when to run.

When I was a little girl my mom and dad owned this huge van. It was an attempt to have an RV van conversion because it had a sink, and cabinets. It was white outside with this huge mural of a sail boat on the outside. Now I realize how illegal this was, but the front was so big I can remember fitting a lawn chair between the two front seats so an extra person could set in the front seat. My mom used to drive by herself from Ohio to Florida with my sister when we were little. She would wake up early and drive down here to visit my aunt and uncle and cousins that used to live here. In the van there was an 8 track player. Now I‘m sure somewhere in the inside of that blue van there were more 8 tracks but we used to play the best of Ann Murray and Kenny Rogers ‘The Gambler‘ what seemed like over and over again. In fact as an adult every time I hear one of those songs I think of being a kid in a big blue van on the way to Florida. The road would go on for miles and my biggest worry was my sister and I arguing over the Barbies.

It’s been a difficult season in our lives and I know I’m not alone in this. So many questions can sometimes dance in my head like a big bass drum. I found myself singing Kenny Rogers ‘The Gambler’ the other day and it got me thinking. God wants us to come to him as a child. Matthew 18:3 says, “And he said: "I tell you the truth, unless you change and become like little children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven.” and Mark 10:15 says, “I tell you the truth, anyone who will not receive the kingdom of God like a little child will never enter it."

What am I trying to say? Is that we have to trust God. We have to not worry about the small stuff. We have to know what He wants us to do weither it makes sense to our head or not.

Isaiah 30:21 is one of my favoirte scriptures. It says, “Your ears shall hear a word behind you, saying, “ This is the way, walk in it,” Whenever you turn to the right hand Or whenever you turn to the left.”

John 10:4 says, “ When he has brought out all his own, he goes on ahead of them, and his sheep follow him because they know his voice.

John 10:27 says, “My sheep listen to my voice; I know them, and they follow me.”

It is so easy to get caught up in the frustration place. Where cares in this world feel like they are choking the very life out of you. But God gives us a promise. He wants us to trust him like a child and He will take care of us. Many today are setting at the crossroads of life scared to step anywhere because they don’t want to miss God. What has He told you to do? If you are His child you hear Him. It’s completely normal that a child understand their father. Many have allowed their frustrations to drive a wedge between them and God. Get back to what God has told you. What is He telling you to do. You have to trust Him like a child. He’ll tell you when it’s time hold em’, fold em’ or walk away. He’ll take you to where you need to go.

Frustration can be an ugly thing if you let it. God doesn’t shake your destiny and his promises in your face just to move it when you jump. He’s not like that. He loves his children. He desires for you to fulfill your destiny on this earth I would say even more than you do. He wants you to be planted where He has ordained for you. Trust Him today. Know that He hasn’t left you. He has never forsaken you, but you are going to be able to look back on this season of your lives and know that you are right on time. Get where you need to be and be planted. Do what He tells you to do, and let Him take care of the rest.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

....And I broke the Pickle Jar

Lessons Learned In The Pruning Season

Don't Fall For the Fake Jakes!