My Doll Babies Head Keeps Falling Off!

As a little girl I had this one doll that I genuinely loved. I named her Lauren. I used to carry that doll around the house. Her head was a very real like sculpted plastic along with her arms and legs. But her body was cloth. Unfortunately her head was too heavy for her body. As much as I loved that doll and carried her around. Eventually her head would keep falling off. My mother tried very hard to save Lauren. She would try to tighten the head in place by strengthening the cloth neck, but inevitably as much as I loved that doll I had to give her up. I just looked ridiculous carrying around this decapitated doll.

I spoke in the last blog about how God wants us to come to Him like children, but I want to take that one step further. He wants us to trust Him unconditionally like children. He wants us to look to Him and not question his leadership. However there are things of the spirit He wants you to begin to mature in. There is a spiritual maturity He is yearning for His children to walk into.

1 Corinthians 13:11 says, “When I was a child, I spoke as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child; but when I became a man, I put away childish things.”

Hebrews 5:12-14 says, “For though by this time you ought to be teachers, you need someone to teach you again the first principles of the oracles of God; and you have come to need milk and not solid food. For everyone who partakes only of milk is unskilled in the word of righteousness, for he is a babe. But solid food belongs to those who are of full age, that is, those who by reason of use have their senses exercised to discern both good and evil.”

Many times believers will make sure they have the basics covered. They’ll get saved which is awesome but then won’t spiritually grow past that point. Their running around wondering why they aren’t growing up spiritually. Their like me carrying that decapitated doll around because their afraid or simply refuse to let go of it. God wants you saved. But He also wants you to begin to grow in the things of God. He wants you to move forward in Him. He’s looking for the mature sons and daughters of God.

In order to move forward and grow up in the things of God you must choose to let go of the things in your past and move forward into what you know you must. You must let go of the things you put before the Lord. You will find peace doing that. You will find unspeakable joy.

Philippians 3:14-15 says, “I press toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus. Therefore let us, as many as are mature, have this mind; and if in anything you think otherwise, God will reveal even this to you.”

Holding on to the decapitated dolls in our lives will not allow you to grow up. It’ll stop the places you can go for him, and frankly you’ll look silly holding on to these things. Allow God to show you what is holding you back today. Allow God to show you how to grow up in Him. He knows you better than you realize. He wants you commit your ways to Him, so that He can direct your paths.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

....And I broke the Pickle Jar

Lessons Learned In The Pruning Season

Don't Fall For the Fake Jakes!