Are you shooting with your eyes closed?

While we were visiting my mom and dad several weeks ago I was convinced to target shoot with both my dad and grandpa. Now this is not the first time I did this but it’s the first time as an adult I did. I’m certainly not opposed to gun rights, I believe their a constitutional one, however for myself I was not comfortable doing this. It was just too much power, and it freaked me out a bit. I was a lousy shot, because I’d get so nervous that secretly I closed my eyes every time I fired. The only time I ever actually made my target was when I used the gun with the laser pointer. This experience got me thinking. I think many people do the exact same thing in life. Their trying to go forward in their life, but have their eyes closed and they don’t know where their aiming.

God has such special plans for your life. Jeremiah 29:11 (NIV) says, “For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.” I believe that He has uniquely designed you and made you for a reason and a purpose. This can be a challenge in people’s lives, and it can seem like it can bring questions bigger than people know how to answer. So many individuals either don’t realize that, or their so frustrated about that purpose it’s like their walking around with their eyes closed and wondering why their not hitting their mark. But I have great news for you. You don’t have to know everything. God does. You just have to allow Him to point you in the right direction. You have to be obedient to be fired in that direction.

Those that know me know I love to talk about the prophetic. But really all prophecy is, is that you hear the voice of God. Weither it’s for your life or someone else’s John 10:4 (NKJV) says, “And when he brings out his own sheep, he goes before them; and the sheep follow him, for they know his voice” If your one of His kids, you can hear his voice. Rarely is it audible, but He knows how to talk to you so you’ll listen.

If you don’t know where God is aiming you in life, why don’t you ask Him? Earnestly desire His will! You have to realize though, that 1 Corinthians 13:9 (NKJV) says, “For we know in part and we prophesy in part.” Meaning? God doesn’t always reveal every thing to you at once, but He will give you what you need right now.

Philippians 3:12-14 (NIV) says, “Not that I have already obtained all this, or have already been made perfect, but I press on to take hold of that for which Christ Jesus took hold of me. Brothers, I do not consider myself yet to have taken hold of it. But one thing I do: Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead, I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus.”


How can you press on if your eyes are closed? Earnestly seek the Lord as to what your target is. I encourage you no matter what it sounds like to your head go forward. Get Godly council on the matter. Realize that there is a process to get to your destiny and commit yourself to stick with it. Many times people start to head towards the target and then change their mind in mid air. That’s just as senseless. You’re still not going to hit your target that way. You must commit to yourself, and in your life that you’ll go forward to hit your mark, no matter how long it takes, or how much it may not make sense to your head. But I assure you God knows what He’s doing when He goes to fire you at the target. Are you going to trust Him enough to open up your eyes, and hit your mark?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

....And I broke the Pickle Jar

Lessons Learned In The Pruning Season

Don't Fall For the Fake Jakes!