Hidden Majestic Encounters

When I was dating my husband and the man before him, I would travel back and forth from Columbus, OH to Pittsburgh, PA on a regular basis. Then when Dan and I were married I lived in Pittsburgh for about 4 months. I would always take I-70 E to I-79 North. If you ever get the chance to go this route, I highly recommend it. In order to get into Pittsburgh on I-79, the road will lead you through a tunnel in a mountain. Before going into that tunnel there isn’t much in the way of a city. But as you go through the mountain, you come out on the other end and Pittsburgh. It is nestled in the valley. All of a sudden the city sprawls out before you as if in a hidden secret city. I used to love going into the city at night. Coming out of that tunnel was like this majestic sign and wonder. The city was lit up, and just for a moment in time it took your breath away. It’s like you come through that tunnel and below you lays the city and it almost feels as if you’re hovering over it. As many times as I traveled this route, that moment of coming into the city never grew dull for me.

I hear people all the time, and myself included, talk about getting frustrated because God has made all these promises to them and they aren’t seeing them yet. I have often joked that there is a reason that patience is a fruit of the Spirit, because it’s a supernatural thing that you have to choose to walk in. It doesn’t just occur naturally. (Galatians 5:22) Your flesh wants it now, and can get quite grumpy when it doesn’t get it when it wants it.

It’s easy to look at what you may see right now and think that God isn’t doing anything, but what is faith? According to Hebrews 11:1 “Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.” You aren’t always going to physically see the evidence of what you believe for, or what God has told you. You have to trust Him. Sometimes it can feel as if you’re driving into a mountain tunnel. You may not be able to see much around you, but you have to keep going towards Jesus, and what you know He has said. You have to keep going forward toward the light of Jesus’ Christ.

I believe we’re in a season of “suddenlies“. Pastor Greg prophesied this yet again a few weeks ago. New things are going to be springing forth for the body of Christ all over the place. Don’t loose heart! Suddenlies are breaking forth! It’s just like traveling through the mountain in the tunnel. It may not look like anything is happening, but I believe all of a sudden you’ll find yourself coming out of the mountain with everything God has been doing undercover being brought to light.

Jeremiah 29:10 (Message) says, “This is God's Word on the subject: "As soon as Babylon's seventy years are up and not a day before, I'll show up and take care of you as I promised and bring you back home. I know what I'm doing. I have it all planned out—plans to take care of you, not abandon you, plans to give you the future you hope for.”


Isaiah 55:11 (KJV) says, “So shall my word be that goeth forth out of my mouth: it shall not return unto me void, but it shall accomplish that which I please, and it shall prosper in the thing whereto I sent it.”


God has good plans for your life. Keep trusting in him. You’re going to come out of that tunnel and see what God has been doing. Just because you can’t see it doesn’t mean anything. You WILL see it! I believe that he is working on your behalf today! He is anointing and ordaining your footsteps so that one day you will see that it is His plan, and it will work out. Keep trusting in Him today! Suddenlies are here!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

....And I broke the Pickle Jar

Lessons Learned In The Pruning Season

Don't Fall For the Fake Jakes!