Tower Down



I grew up in a wooded area in rural Northern country. Way behind my parents’ house was a tower. I can only assume at one time it was built for television signals. But as a child it was my marker for home. No matter where we went we knew when we saw that tower with its red lights in the distance we would be home soon. As a little girl my sister and I used to fight over whose tower it was. She’d say it was hers and I’d say it was mine and we’d go back and forth. We’d even hike through the woods on occasion to have a picnic by the tower. My mom called me last week and that tower was torn down. I guess they hadn’t used it for years and so it was decided it would come down.

Change is a part of life. It’s a part of our Christian walk too. 2 Corinthians 3:18 says, “But we all, with open face beholding as in a glass the glory of the Lord, are changed into the same image from glory to glory, even as by the Spirit of the Lord.” We have to allow that we go through changes in life so that we can continue pursuing what God has for us.

What happens all too often is that many get so comfortable with certain situations that they simply refuse to change. They are trying so hard to hold onto the past their not allowing themselves to let go and trust God. Really, not trusting God is the root of fear of change. It’s a lack of trusting God. We get comfortable and we begin to rely on our circumstances and situations more than we rely on God. Sometimes change can come from God, sometimes it can be circumstances that aren’t from God, but when it’s all boiled away the truth of the matter is that once your God’s child He says Romans 8:28 says, “And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose.”

The good news is that even though our situations and circumstances may change God does not. (Malachi 3:6) God is the same yesterday, today, and forever. He is constant and unchanging. You must put your faith in Him and not in your circumstances. You have to trust Him. He says that in Hebrews 13:5b, “for he hath said, I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee.” Change is inevitable. He is constant. He is stable. To quote a favorite Lutheran Hymn of mine, “Christ the solid rock I stand, all other ground is sinking sand. “

So yes, I was a little sad that such an image of my childhood is no longer there. But it made me realize yet again, that life goes on. My hope and stability is in the Lord Jesus Christ. He is good and faithful! Do you trust Him today? Really trust Him? Know that today I feel God is speaking to you saying, “Remember I am your rock. Remember I am faithful! Remember I am with you always.” Trust Him today, and I promise you won’t be disappointed. He loves you!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

....And I broke the Pickle Jar

Lessons Learned In The Pruning Season

Don't Fall For the Fake Jakes!