Your Fruit Is Not Bad. It's Just Still Green!

A few days I was talking to one of my best friends in the world (love you girl) and we were discussing the fruit from a situation. She’s been going through a lot recently, and felt that there was no good fruit coming from a situation. To which I responded, “You’re fruit isn’t bad. It’s just still green.”

The Bible uses the symbolism of fruit often.

John 15:5 (NIV)
“I am the vine; you are the branches. If you remain in me and I in you, you will bear much fruit; apart from me you can do nothing

Romans 7:4 (NIV)
So, my brothers and sisters, you also died to the law through the body of Christ, that you might belong to another, to him who was raised from the dead, in order that we might bear fruit for God.

Matthew 7:16 (KJV)
Ye shall know them by their fruits. Do men gather grapes of thorns, or figs of thistles?

The concept behind this is simply if you are a good tree then you’ll produce good things in the kingdom, or if the situation you’re walking through is a God ordained situation they’ll be God/good things eventually as a result.

I love mangos. I am convinced those things are like nectar from heaven itself. Sometime ago I bought some from my favorite fruit and vegetable store, and I eagerly anticipated coming home to a nice juicy treat. However when I cut into the mango I soon discovered the mango’s were too hard and weren’t ripe yet. As a result what I thought would be a nice treat turned into something that was sour and barely edible. I left the others in the refrigerator for several days later so that they would ripen and be good. Truthfully I forgot about them setting in my fridge but when I found them a week later the fruit was perfect. I would not have realized it was from the same batch of mangos.

Sometime like my friends situation the quality of the fruit can’t be discerned right away. Green fruit or immature fruit may appear to be bad. But really it’s just immature. Immature fruit tastes sour and not ripe. It can appear to not to be good, but really it just needs more time on the vine, or thrown somewhere to ripen. It needs more time in prayer. It needs someone to love it enough, see potential in it enough to let it set there and mature. You can’t get impatient.

Sometimes it can be bad fruit, you need to discern the situation with Godly wisdom!

Time is an amazing thing. I’ve watched situations in my life that seemed hopeless and helpless eventually work out and turn around. God brings the fullness of it about but I can’t keep trying to work on it for Him. I need to let him do what He has to do in the situation, so that in HIS timing things might be fulfilled.

Ecclesiastes 3:1-11 (KJV)
1To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven:
2A time to be born, and a time to die; a time to plant, and a time to pluck up that which is planted;
3A time to kill, and a time to heal; a time to break down, and a time to build up;
4A time to weep, and a time to laugh; a time to mourn, and a time to dance;
5A time to cast away stones, and a time to gather stones together; a time to embrace, and a time to refrain from embracing;
6A time to get, and a time to lose; a time to keep, and a time to cast away;
7A time to rend, and a time to sew; a time to keep silence, and a time to speak;
8A time to love, and a time to hate; a time of war, and a time of peace.
9What profit hath he that worketh in that wherein he laboureth?
10I have seen the travail, which God hath given to the sons of men to be exercised in it.
11He hath made every thing beautiful in his time: also he hath set the world in their heart, so that no man can find out the work that God maketh from the beginning to the end.

It’s your job to pray and trust God. It’s your job to water that tree with the word of God and continue to believe that God’s will would come forth. But you can’t make that fruit mature. You have to set back and trust God that He will. He holds the times and seasons in His hands. Let Him do His job. He will bring it to pass.

Don’t get frustrated that the fruit isn’t ripe. Just trust God that He will work it out. I promise you that He won’t disappoint you. Other people might, but God won’t. Good fruit will eventually come from good trees. God’s ways are perfect. Keep praying and trust Him.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

....And I broke the Pickle Jar

Lessons Learned In The Pruning Season

Don't Fall For the Fake Jakes!