The Changing Of The Seasons



I have been reflecting on something in the last few days and I thought I would share it with you today.

I have been hearing a lot in the kingdom of God through prophetic people that the seasons have changed. However, that is the thing about the prophetic. It always sees into the future and if your looking at it through the eyes of what you are seeing now it can make you one frustrated individual. God does not share His words with people to frustrate them. In fact, it is quite the opposite. God shares His word to bring encouragement. To say, “I know you’re not seeing this yet, but let me tell you I can see you down the road and this is what I can see!” I think of it like a person with binoculars and a megaphone. God’s word and the prophetic voice is to bring encouragement and hope.

1 Thessalonians 5:20 (KJV)
Despise not prophesyings.

OR I like it in the Message version too.

1 Thessalonians 5:20 (MSG)
19-22Don't suppress the Spirit, and don't stifle those who have a word from the Master. On the other hand, don't be gullible. Check out everything, and keep only what's good. Throw out anything tainted with evil.


People often get this idea that if you despising prophecy then that only means not letting the prophetic word to flow in both the church and in your life. That is one truth to this, but I believe this scripture has another meaning. I believe it’s also saying when you hear a prophetic word over and over again and it’s telling you the same thing over and over again….and you’re not seeing those circumstances change, not to let the prophetic word get you all frustrated and grumpy. Don’t use the prophetic word as an excuse to say, “But God you keep telling me this and nothing is changing.” You have to refrain from using God’s word against Him as if you are a three-year-old throwing a fit. Be bold and encouraged that what He is saying is true! Rest in Him. Cast your cares on Him because He cares for you!

I believe that we are in a season of the church where things are changing. But just because you haven’t seen it yet doesn’t mean it’s not true. When the day passed last week for it to be summer, while it might have been summer on the calendar we may not see the fullness of summer for a few weeks. Summer is here. The calendar said so. The manifestation of summer will continue for the next several months.
It’s like the picture of the apple blossom. The flowers are on the tree. You may not be able to pick the apples yet, but the change is here.

Daniel 2:21He changes times and seasons; he deposes kings and raises up others. He gives wisdom to the wise and knowledge to the discerning.

Be encouraged today, and not frustrated. When God says the season is changing, He meant it. God has awesome plans for your life, so get excited.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

....And I broke the Pickle Jar

Lessons Learned In The Pruning Season

Don't Fall For the Fake Jakes!