Do You Feel Like Semi's Have You Trapped?

I had some time and felt to write a blog. Though I’m still taking a break and will not be consistent for a few more weeks I felt to write this. I hope it helps some out there.


Last week I drove/rode across country overnight. I am not a big fan of driving for long distances especially when it‘s overnight and everyone is tired. In fact I’ve been joking with Dan we need to start believing God for a jet for the ministry. I just don’t do well in a car for long lengths. I start feeling as if I’m in a box, and I get restless.

While it was my turn to drive it was as if the semi’s were playing ping pong ball with the truck I was in. That is personally a big fear moment for me when I’m between a median and a semi. I don’t know why it’s always freaked me out. I’m stuck between the two with really no where to go in case of an emergency. What is worse is when there is one behind you and one in front of you. It seems no matter where you go your stuck there driving at the speed that they all feel you need to. You have to just keep going.

A lot of times in life in can feel as if your stuck in a place like that. I have been doing a lot of soul searching recently and on a joking level have decided I’m normal-phobic. Fear of being normal. Whenever I feel normalcy start to creep up on me it’s like I just cringe and hate having to deal with it. Situations like that can make me feel as if I’m trapped for a time.

However just like when your tapped in with the semi’s you have to keep going. You have to stick with where you are or you could cause a big accident to those around you. Going at that pace may make you nervous, but you have to just keep going.

My sister found this quote. I don’t know who said it but I love it.

"So humble yourself: stay where you are, say yes when you want to say no, do what God wants, listen to the criticism, endure the injustice, embrace the unfairness, take up the cross, suffer the shame-and enter into resurrection. This alone is what will make you the leader God created you to be."
2 Timothy 1:7 (NIV)
For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind.

Philippians 3:14 (NIV)
I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus

There is no reason to get afraid when you feel like your trapped around semi’s. There is no reason to be afraid when God calls you to do something. Eventually those semi’s will break loose. Eventually the time will come for you to be able to zip around them. But for the moment you have to keep going for your safety, and those around you.

Stay on track. Stick with the road. Keep your eyes on Jesus, and press forward. The journey will be worth it. God has awesome plans for your life, so get excited!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

....And I broke the Pickle Jar

Lessons Learned In The Pruning Season

Don't Fall For the Fake Jakes!