Making Grass Angels



When we were in the North my kids got excited when the grass tickled there feet around their sandals, and I’ll confess so did I. Having grown up in the North grass to me is soft, lush and green. It’s not filled with fire ants, and it’s something that if I wanted to run out barefoot I could. My girls got so excited they began rolling in the grass making grass angels and giggling. They were joking that instead of snow angels they were making grass angels. It was a wonderful few moments of childhood where I’ll confess while I didn’t join them rolling in the grass I did take off my shoes just to feel what grass, in my mind, is supposed to feel like. The sweet refrain of innocence and childhood left it’s melodious fragrance in the air and we all enjoyed it.

It’s not been comfortable for us to live so far away of what we grew up with and what we feel is comfortable. What’s comfortable to me in the last (almost 11 now) years has been replace with the difficult uncomfortable trials. I don’t want to say that it’s always been hard, or woe is me. However it’s not been easy. Sadly many people misunderstand the will of God. They think just because a door opens up and something will be comfortable for them, then it must be God. I have news for you, comfort cannot be a determining factor on what the will of God is or is not. You have to use discernment. You have to see God’s will on the matter, and go with what He’s saying despite your level of comfort. Many times, things God calls us to do aren’t always easy.

If you want to go forward and be all and do all God called you to be and do, there will be times it won’t be easy. This is where many people simply give up. There will be times where you feel your under pressure, the heat has been turned up, and you feel pulled in every direction. However without the pressure diamonds are not formed, without the heat gold cannot be purified, and without the pulling taffy would just be a pile of goo. You have to go through the process to get to where God wants you to go. Following the will of God isn’t always hard, but it isn’t always easy either.

1 Peter 4:12 (MSG)
Glory Just Around the Corner
12-13Friends, when life gets really difficult, don't jump to the conclusion that God isn't on the job. Instead, be glad that you are in the very thick of what Christ experienced. This is a spiritual refining process, with glory just around the corner.


Be encouraged if things are difficult God is refining you and you are going to see the breakthrough that He wants for you. It may be slow in coming forth, but God is faithful. He’s maturing you and bringing you through the process. Even if it’s a little difficult, and you know this is what God called you to do, stick with it! Keep on standing even if the grass your standing in is uncomfortable! Keep standing! You will see breakthrough! God has awesome plans for your life, so get excited!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

....And I broke the Pickle Jar

Lessons Learned In The Pruning Season

Don't Fall For the Fake Jakes!