Me and My Minty Fresh Feet



Yesterday my family and I returned from a long stay in the North. I have to confess that while God has moved me out of the North for this season in my life, deep down I’m a Northerner. I always love a chance to spend time with my family, run through the soft grass without fire ants, watching the rows of corn on the side of the road, and eating fresh tomatoes and basil from the garden. I totally get snowbirds, and while I don’t miss winter I could really move closer to the North.

There was a problem though. This spring was very wet and the bugs were out in droves. Every time we were out in the perfect, almost zero humidity, 80 degree weather the bugs felt it was feeding time. We were constantly finding big bites we didn’t even know about.

While we were in Canada a realitive suggested toothpaste was good for bites. Really it wasn’t even a conversation I was in, and I only half heard what she’d said. I didn’t want to be rude. I thought that was one of the silliest things I’d every heard. Rubbing toothpaste on bug bites? Really? I figured it was probably some old wives solution that would have no merit.

However the next morning I woke up desperate. My feet must of tasted good to some bugs because I was itching and desperate. So I tried the toothpaste. As a result you can see the picture of my minty fresh feet.

Does toothpaste make for a good relief of bug bites? Yup. It absolutely does. I was the one who was wrong. While I thought the solution would be antiquated and have no use. It’s actually a really good idea.

Sadly many people look at the words and wisdom in the Bible as the same way I looked at the toothpaste. They think that the word of God is a bunch of old wives tales and legends. They think it’s got no use for today’s society. Just like I was wrong in my thinking, so is that kind of thinking wrong.

The Bible isn’t antiquated and it isn’t a bunch of silly fairy tales. It’s alive. It is truth!

Hebrews 4:12 (NIV)
For the word of God is alive and active. Sharper than any double-edged sword, it penetrates even to dividing soul and spirit, joints and marrow; it judges the thoughts and attitudes of the heart

It may seem foolish and backwards but it’s truth!

1 Corinthians 1:27 (KJV)
But God hath chosen the foolish things of the world to confound the wise; and God hath chosen the weak things of the world to confound the things which are mighty


Realize that there are a lot of things that you may not know in life. Look to the Bible to find it! The solutions might seem a little old fashioned to you, but the word of God works! Be encouraged today, He is faithful to you!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

....And I broke the Pickle Jar

Lessons Learned In The Pruning Season

Don't Fall For the Fake Jakes!