Praising God for this turndown

Last week I got a turndown for an event that I had been waiting to hear about for sometime. Truthfully I’ve been turndowned so much in this industry they don’t usually get to me. But this one did. Without going into details I believe eventually I’ll get to do this event, but for the project this time I can see why it ended in a turndown. I don’t believe it was me, but the project for this event, etc. In a classic me response I came back with boldness. I told them that I would like to be considered for future projects. Then went to my couch in my office and bawled. With the miracle of texts and phone calls my pastors, sister, and friends rallied around me encouraging me. I got back up and started to rejoice for that turndown. After I was done feeling sorry for myself I realized that there are some issues in my life that I need to work on. I had a God encounter as a result. I know it might sound strange, but I’m actually grateful for the turndown now. Don’t get me wrong, I was disappointed and still wish it would have turned another way. But I believe one day I’ll get to do this event for a different project, and as a result it may sound weird but I’ve been growing in some areas I have needed too. I am thankful!

I always think about the story with Corrie Ten Boom. In the book “The Hiding Place” she talks about her and her sisters time in a Nazi concentration camp. They’d been imprisoned for helping Jews in Holland. Her sister and her began discussing this scripture:

1 Thessalonians 5:18 (ESV)18 give thanks in all circumstances; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you.


They had been moved to a flea ridden barracks and Corrie kept insisting they couldn’t thank God for it and refused to thank God for the fleas. Years later Corrie found out the reason they were able to be left alone in those barracks were because the Nazi’s knew they were flea infested. Those precious women held Bible teachings in a Nazi concentration camp because of the fleas.

Learning to be thankful in the good times is easy, but being thankful when things don't go your way isn’t so much. But I’m thankful for my turndown, because it’s encouraged me to learn to trust the Lord even more. It’s encouraged me to begin to feed on scriptures about trust.

Psalms 37:5 (ESV)“Commit your way to the LORD; trust in Him, and He will act.”

Be thankful for the fleas in your life. Trust the Lord. He is a good and awesome God. He has awesome plans for your life. So get excited!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

....And I broke the Pickle Jar

Lessons Learned In The Pruning Season

Don't Fall For the Fake Jakes!