Really God?

On Monday I finished the rough draft of my latest book I’ve been working on. That brings me up to 15 books, 4 screenplays, 2 children’s’ book series’, a college curriculum, a woman’s devotional among some other things here and there.

I started to laugh thinking about the first time I felt God called me to write a book. I remember struggling with such fear and feelings of inadequacy. I kept thinking God surely you must have gotten the wrong person. Did you switch my file with someone else’s; do you forget I can’t do that?! Really God, are you sure? As much as I struggled to believe what I felt God was saying I knew I couldn’t deny it. The more and more I tried the more I knew it was God. Today over 17 years later (wow that makes me feel old) I know God saw destiny in me even if I couldn’t.

So often people have their own destinies bubbling up ready to burst on the inside of them, and they simply are too afraid to try and keep shoving it down. Here’s a classic scripture about talents. I’ve heard it apply to money but it also can apply to talents and giftings. This scripture comes after two other servants took their talents and multiplied them. I encourage you to read the entire passage of scripture starting with verse 14

Matthew 25:25-29 ESV

25so I was afraid, and I went and hid your talent in the ground. Here you have what is yours.' 26But his master answered him, 'You wicked and slothful servant! You knew that I reap where I have not sown and gather where I scattered no seed? 27Then you ought to have invested my money with the bankers, and at my coming I should have received what was my own with interest. 28So take the talent from him and give it to him who has the ten talents. 29 For to everyone who has will more be given, and he will have an abundance. But from the one who has not, even what he has will be taken away.

I am not special. I am not the most talented writer in the world, and I’m certainly not the most structured. My spelling is horrible and my grammar questionable. Fear has tried to hit me and I’ve had many try to talk me out of what I knew was destiny. But God knew that I had to start writing and after wrestling with it I did, and did, and did. I simply made the choice that I refused to look back on my life with regrets and I wanted to do what I felt God wanted me to do even if it appeared completely odd to me.

God has supernaturally enabled you to do something for His kingdom. Are you fighting it or are you choosing to trust Him to do it? You can’t set around and wait until you feel you can do it on your own. Because you won’t get there if you keep doing that. If you could do it on your own for what would you need God. No. You believe God is able through you. You believe it’s His ability that will get you to the place He’s called for you. But you can’t get there if you never step out in faith. God has awesome plans for your life. So step out, and get excited! 

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

....And I broke the Pickle Jar

Lessons Learned In The Pruning Season

Don't Fall For the Fake Jakes!