You will Not return to Him void!

Last week in my study time I had a “heavy reavy” I wanted to share. If your not familiar with the term “Heavy Reavy” it’s a divine moment when something clicks about the Word.

I was readying this scripture in Isaiah 55:10-11 (esv)

10 "For as the rain and the snow come down from heaven
and do not return there but water the earth,
making it bring forth and sprout,
giving seed to the sower and bread to the eater,
11so shall my word be that goes out from my mouth;
it shall not return to me empty,
but it shall accomplish that which I purpose,
and shall succeed in the thing for which I sent it.


I have personally heard this scripture preached on quite a bit. The most typical thing people use it to preach about is when God speaks eventually those words will bear fruit. It absolutely means that. But in my head last week, it was if the Holy Spirit took this scripture a bit further.

In John 1:1-2 we learn that Jesus is the Word.
John 1:1-2 (NIV)
In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. He was with God in the beginning


The Bible is very clear that we are to be like Jesus on the earth. In Genesis 1, Hebrews 11, and Mark 11:23, etc there are all sorts of scriptures that point to the system in the kingdom of spoken words. We are as God’s people, fruit of His spoken words. While Jesus is the WORD, we are “words” being sent forth by Him.

Thinking about all of this then going back to the scripture in Isaiah, God is saying here that we as His words will not return to Him void. We will go forth and accomplish what He sent us to accomplish. When I saw this it was a heavy reavy moment for me. I know God wants us to fulfill our destiny, but seeing this like this was like “Woah!” (It was a Joey moment from the sitcom Blossom if you remember that back in the 90’s) I won’t return to Him void! I will go forth and fulfill what He told me I would.” Don’t get me wrong, I believed I would before this, but seeing it worded like that made me want to do a little giddy jig.

It can get so easy to get wrapped up in a defeated mentality. When you make some extreme choices based on what you know God has spoken and then don’t see fruit of those choices right away it can be a test for you. You can start to wonder if you will ever be able to look back on your life and know you accomplished what He sent for you to accomplish. But His word is clear. When you choose to be sent forth, you will not return to Him void. You will go forth and accomplish what He’s purposed for you to accomplish. God has awesome plans for your life. So get excited!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

....And I broke the Pickle Jar

Lessons Learned In The Pruning Season

Don't Fall For the Fake Jakes!