Do You Suffer From Prophetic Constipation?

If you follow my blogs you know I have done a “Prophetic Conditions” series off and on as I have gotten them. We have covered conditions: Prophetic Anorexia, Prophetic Dyslexia, and Prophetic Amnesia. Yesterday I was pondering on all of this again and got another one. It is prophetic constipation.

We are so blessed to live in such an age where we have the ability to hear from God on a regular basis. There are prophetic words flying in churches, prophets are delivering them, and you can hear them in your own prayer time. All a prophetic word is is hearing the voice of God whether it is for your life or someone else’s. (John 10:27)

The standard is that people try to record them if received in a service on a tape, CD, or even an mp3 sometimes. However, what I have found all too often is many Christians who are used to this have a collection of prophetic words that their doing nothing with. Do not get me wrong God’s word is not limited, but you have to do something with the words you have received. To start with, I have made it a habit to type out any prophetic word I have been given and I keep them all in a file that is both electronic and in a physical binder. Dan and I reread those words. We pray for the fulfillment of them. We have made choices based in a lot of prayer and council because of those words.

However many times people in the body are not doing anything with the words of God. They keep stacking them in a corner, just to let them grow dusty. In the spirit realm they are like that show Hoarders. They chase after the spiritual “high” of the prophetic experience and they are not honoring it. They keep taking them in, and their not releasing anything out about them. Deep down their growing more and more uncomfortable and frustrated yet they do not understand why. That is prophetic constipation.

James 2:26 (NKJV)For as the body without the spirit is dead, so faith without works is dead also.

James 2:18 (NKJV)18 But someone will say, “You have faith, and I have works.” Show me your faith without your works, and I will show you my faith by my works.

When you have been given so much and blessed with the ability to get glimpses of God’s will for your future, you have an obligation to do something with it. You have an obligation to honor what you have been given. If you eat a huge meal and your body never let go of it, you would be very sick. Stop being prophetically constipated! Just repent and do what God has told you to do. Let the God that created nature 'take it's course' if you will! Remember God has awesome plans for your life. Get excited!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

....And I broke the Pickle Jar

Lessons Learned In The Pruning Season

Don't Fall For the Fake Jakes!