You Can't Loose Baby Jesus!

Last week my daughters were playing with the Nativity Set when I heard a shriek from my youngest, “Mom! I lost baby Jesus!”

Knowing my girls and understanding they have a flair for the dramatics without looking up from the book I was reading, I responded, “You can’t loose baby Jesus. He’s there whether you see him or not!” So the search continued. The cries and screams of frustration came from my youngest like an emergency siren. She began looking on the branches of the tree, around the bottom on the skirt, and anywhere she could think of looking for the tiny figurine. She was practically in tears. Perhaps had I been more observant I would have heard my oldest daughter smirking at this point. But since the oldest was appearing to look too I didn’t notice her suppressing giggles. It took about ten minutes before the oldest broke her silence and when she did, she told me through her laughter that she’d been the one that had hid the baby Jesus. The youngest didn’t appreciate the joke, but quickly all got settled.

I found myself later reflecting on my statement, “You can’t loose baby Jesus. He’s there whether you see Him or not!” Isn’t that so true in life? You go through life and you’ll have moments where you wonder where is Jesus in all of this mess. “Did I loose you? Why do I feel all alone? Over here God do you remember me?” Those phrases can feel as if their swimming in your mind. The word is clear that God doesn’t forget about us.

Deuteronomy 31:6 (NIV)Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid or terrified because of them, for the LORD your God goes with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you.”


Joshua 1:5 (NIV)No one will be able to stand against you all the days of your life. As I was with Moses, so I will be with you; I will never leave you nor forsake you.


Hebrews 13:5 (NIV)Keep your lives free from the love of money and be content with what you have, because God has said, “Never will I leave you; never will I forsake you.”


You see so you can’t loose Jesus! He’s there whether you see Him or not. Sometimes you have to search and go seeking after Him, but those that seek Him shall find Him! Seek after Him today, He loves you. He has awesome plans for your life. Get excited!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

....And I broke the Pickle Jar

Lessons Learned In The Pruning Season

Don't Fall For the Fake Jakes!