....And I broke the Pickle Jar



Last week my oldest daughter came running to me for help. I had just bought a new jar of pickles and she could not open them up. Surely, Mom could do it and this was going to be an easy thing. I sometimes wonder how they get those lids so tightly on jars in the factory. I was not going to pull the wimp card but I could not get that lid off. I tried banging the bottom with the palm of my hand. I saw someone do that once. It did not work. I tried twisting it, and it would not budge. I even tried getting a butter knife and breaking the seal by trying to wedge it between the lid and the jar. Nothing was working. Dan was not home and even if he was, I really hate admitting when I cannot do something like this without his help. I was going to get that jar open! Finally I took the opposite end of a butter knife and whacked at the lid. I thought a couple smacks would make the jar open, and it did. Evidently, I do not know my own strength. With the sound of breaking glass cracking in the air, and the cold smell of pickle juice exploding in my kitchen all I could think of is “oops!”

In spiritual matters much like how I broke the pickle jar, we underestimate our selves just like this all the time. We forget too often that God is stronger than our circumstances. God’s strength is in us. So if He is for us then who can be against us?

Romans 8:31[More Than Conquerors] What, then, shall we say in response to these things? If God is for us, who can be against us?


We have to realize that we are More Than Conquerors! If we have asked Jesus to live inside of us, then His strength is our strength!

Psalm 18:32It is God who arms me with strength and keeps my way secure.

Psalm 18:39You armed me with strength for battle; you humbled my adversaries before me.


So therefore, we are more than able to go through the things of life, because we have God’s strength on our side. Do not sweat the circumstances. Trust in Your God! Do not underestimate Him! He put the stars in place. He created the world! He formed you so He knows how you think! He can level mountains in an instant! He can cancel debts! He can give you instructions that will change everything! He can make a way in the wilderness that you have not seen! So TRUST HIM! Greater is He that is in you than he that is in the world! Remember God has awesome plans for your life! Get Excited!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lessons Learned In The Pruning Season

Don't Fall For the Fake Jakes!