Yes, I remember the 80's



My girls had a “dress like the 80’s” day at school yesterday. I went about finding leggings and a skirt for them both to wear. Then doing side high ponytails that were semi ratted and semi curled that defied gravity, and then I curled their bangs to do the same. To which my oldest kept looking in the mirror going, “Mom are you sure this is what the 80’s look like?”

“Yes dear, I’m sure.”

“How do you know?” I could hear the fear in her voice. I realized that according to today’s style she was going to stand out at school.

“Hun, I was there. In fact, I was your age. You’re going to half to trust me.” I kept working on their look. While they looked good, I instantly regretted I did not have an armful of jelly bracelets to give them, or puffy layered socks, or my husband even suggested a huge boom box they could carry.

“But mom, are you sure.” I suppose it was then that it could have occurred to me to Google some pictures online. However, I did not.

Later when I picked them up I asked her, “Was I right?”

“Yup, you were right.”

I knew that what we had just experienced was a lesson on trust and in a 5th graders mind it was an ultimate test to possibly ridiculed and stand out by her peers.

Isn’t it the same with God when He tells us to do something? I’ve had the same conversations with Him.

“God are you sure?”

“Trust me. I know.”

“But God, what if I look like a dork?”

“It will be well.”

“But God, are you sure?”

I think the situation with my daughters yesterday reminded me yet again, God knows. He sees are end from our beginning. He knows what we’re walking through, and He knows where we’re going. He knows. Just like my oldest trusting me what the 80’s looks like God knows cause, he was already there. He knows.

Psalm 56:3 (ESV)
When I am afraid, I put my trust in you.


The statement seems so simple, but it’s something I’ve been meditating and standing on a lot these days. He is faithful, and He knows what He’s talking to about. You can trust Him. It will be well. So let go, and trust Him. God has awesome plans for your life. Get excited!











?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

....And I broke the Pickle Jar

Lessons Learned In The Pruning Season

Don't Fall For the Fake Jakes!