No Electricity, Jackson, and a Broken Key

This weekend I had several events in Jackson, OH. It was an awesome weekend that wasn’t void of issues. But I thought I would share. I arrived at the Tea Caddy (a very cute shop in the heart of Jackson) in the downtown ready for a book signing only to realize that the storm the night before in the OH area was a little more vicious that I had realized. The storm had not only wiped out people’s power all over the community, it had left a world of storm drama in its path. The Tea Caddy lost power for about a half an hour in the book signing. Thus not a whole lot of foot traffic came into the store and the signing was okay, but I thought it would go a bit better. But the people were awesome and I had to learn to just go with it. Course I could have chosen to get annoyed and bugged by this, but really that wasn’t going to help. It was what it was, and I can honestly say I’ve had my first book signing in the dark, and really how many people can say that? Then, I was so excited to get to spend the weekend with one of my very best friends in the whole wide universe who lives in Jackson. Megan and I have been friends since the 5th grade and being friends for over 20 years is pretty awesome on any friend scale. I enjoyed visiting the town with her, and while I can admit even if I was a tad tired, I was just so glad to see her and her family. When we arrived back at her house and discovered the key wasn’t going to open the door to get into her house, sure I could have gotten bothered and annoyed. But it wasn’t worth it. I found it kind of comical to watch her daughter while she tried to find someone to help us get into her house. I found it even more comical when we ended up staying with her next door neighbors for several hours, until her husband came home and managed to get us in the house. In fact, I couldn’t help but think how blessed she was to have such awesome neighbors, and in the end we all just found it a funny story. You have a choice in life to either get bothered when things don’t go as planned or you can choose to just roll with it. Life is an adventure, and you have to live it. That doesn’t mean everything goes as you expect it, but it just means you don’t sweat the small stuff. You choose not to worry, because worrying just won’t help anything. Matthew 6:27 "Can any one of you by worrying add a single hour to your life?" Worrying and fretting doesn’t help anything. I just makes situations worse. Enjoy your life! It is a gift. Learn to roll with it! Remember God has awesome plans for your life. Get excited! …..Also in my weekend I was able to meet fellow Destiny Image author (His book The Power of Forgiveness releases the end of July), and mighty man of God, Dr. Brian Adams and visit The Rock, a church in Jackson. I enjoyed meeting them and going to the church. I highly recommend that ministry to anyone in the area! *I have one more weekend in my Northern Tour before I head back to the South. If you’re in the Columbus area I will be at the Barnes & Noble on Sat (7/7) 2-3, on High Street across from The Ohio State University, and I will be preaching in Payne, OH on Sunday 7/8 service starts at 9:30, please email me for specifics.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

....And I broke the Pickle Jar

Lessons Learned In The Pruning Season

Don't Fall For the Fake Jakes!