It's Monumental

On Saturday evening I had the awesome privilege to go view the new film with Kirk Cameron called, “Monumental”.  They were having a free viewing at Cornerstone in St. Cloud.  This film had immediately intrigued me.  It’s basically a discovery tour where Kirk Cameron pursues what was the motivation of the pilgrims and what they went through in order to found the United States.  I learned a lot just by watching it. I was never aware that although certain individuals love to quote the whole separation of church and state, Congress actually once printed a Bible and put it into schools.  It’s a beautiful film.  That was very well done.

If you know me you’d know that this was so up my alley.  I love God and I love my country.  I have become more and more upset at where I see our country headed and the choices it seems to be making.  I have felt like I’ve been mourning the nation of what God intended us to be, in the last several years. I have found myself clinging to this scripture.

2 Chronicles 7:14 if my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land.

I feel that everyone no matter what your religious beliefs should view this film.  If you get the Inspiration Channel I did see a preview of it on there as well.

http://www.monumentalmovie.com/

While I was watching the film I found myself jotting down a few quotes I thought I’d share.

“A nation who tries to build a foundation outside of God will ultimately self-destruct”

“We need to be more sensitive to the moves of God in our history because it gives us optimism for the future.”

“The solution to the crisis is not to blame, but the solution is in my hands.  The solution doesn’t begin at the White House.  It begins at your house.”

We must begin to stand up for righteousness people.  We must begin to pray, and vote for righteousness.  God has awesome plans for your life and for this nation, so get excited.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

....And I broke the Pickle Jar

Lessons Learned In The Pruning Season

Don't Fall For the Fake Jakes!