Getting Back to Your Roots



My oldest daughter is working on a history fair project and she had to pick a turning place in history and do a project on it. I jumped at the chance to get her to do a project on Vietnam. As many of you know my dad was a grunt soldier in the war and essentially it’s my dad’s story that God used to get me writing.



Watching her interview my dad and me has opened up some great dialogue in my house. It’s reminded me yet again why I am so passionate about talking about my father’s story and one day getting my book about him published. I want the next generation to know what happened. It’s something deeply rooted within me. It’s also making me want to dust off my first book again and see if I can generate any interest in it in the world of publishing.It can be easy when you go through life to get so caught up in the current project that you lose sight of the foundational things that are within you. But you need to take moments to reevaluate in life where you are and where you are going. You need to remember the points in life when you knew that you knew God had spoken to you and stay on course to those things.



In the Old Testament there are many times when they are making monuments to something happening so that they can remember God’s faithfulness. (Genesis 31:46-47, Joshua 4, 2 Sam 8) We all have monuments in our own life. I want to encourage you today to remember God’s faithfulness in your life, and remember your destiny. Don’t veer off course, but go forward in what you know He has said. Trust in Him. He has awesome plans for your life. Get excited!




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

....And I broke the Pickle Jar

Lessons Learned In The Pruning Season

Don't Fall For the Fake Jakes!