When Lightning Struck My House



When Lightning Struck My House

I’ve probably told this story before, but I was reminded of it again this morning and some stories are just worth repeating. When my husband and I bought our home we spent more than we wanted. The very first time I walked into my master bathroom I had the biggest desire to start remodeling it. Of course when you buy a new home you think of all the projects you want to do and can’t. We knew it may be awhile until we got to the bathroom remodel.

About six months after we purchased the home, we found ourselves at church one night listening to our pastor preach about “praising the Lord in the midst of all circumstances.” Sure that sermon sounded nice and happy, but we didn’t know what was waiting for us at home. Central Florida is one of the top lightning strike capitals of the world, and our home that night was a target. The strike went through my water pipes, and busted them out so that when we got home water was filling my master bathroom. It blew out the phone, our TV, our washer, our stove, and sent burn marks up a mirror. The strike was so bad one of our neighbors was at home and found the tires on his car melted to his driveway.

Sure when we got home I panicked. I’m a bit on the dramatic side. I wanted to scream and think about all we lost and how were we going to pay for all of this. In a moment of desperation I remember the words my pastor had preached. My family choose to praise God, knowing that somehow God would make all of it work out.

In the end the house insurance paid for my bathroom remodel, the ripping of all the water pipes in my home, and when all was said in done God was able to use what seemed like a tragedy and turn it into a blessing.

Romans 8:28 (ESV)

And we know that for those who love God all things work together for good, for those who are called according to his purpose.

So often we like to quote this scripture but my question is deep down when we’re seeing water shoot outs of our walls, our kids acting wacky, or our bills piling up do we really believe that scripture. I’ve seen God take the worst situations and turn them into testimonies. That doesn’t mean he makes bad things happen. Nope. But he can take the bad stuff and turn them to good. Trust Him today, no matter what you’re dealing with or what you’re facing. God can turn it all around. Here is a song that I’ve been listening to lately. I’m a huge Misty Edwards fan, and I think it sums it all best http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GIjV0xTf8nM

Remember He has awesome plans for your life. Get excited!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

....And I broke the Pickle Jar

Lessons Learned In The Pruning Season

Don't Fall For the Fake Jakes!