Wrestling in the Garage with a Purple Plastic Toy Bin



Dan and I discovered on Sunday that our hot water heater was about to breath its last breath and we needed to replace it. As a result we’d moved all the things out from the old one so that we could see if any amount of TLC or CPR could get the old one to work, but realistically the thing is 24 years old and it is getting replaced. We have this big plastic purple plastic toy bin that got moved into my path in all the poking and prodding of the old water heater.

So late Sunday night not thinking that the purple plastic toy bin had been moved in my way to get to the washer and dryer, I made my way out to the washing machine with a pile of dirty laundry. I wasn’t paying any attention. I was caught up in my own little world, and I had an impromptu wrestling match with the toy bin. Dirty laundry went flying, my feet went airborne, and I’d like to think that it was me that one that match. However if we count scratches I may have to concede that it was the toy bin. I had scratches and scuff marks up and down both my legs when all was said and done. I felt like a dork for not watching where I was going, and I found I had a husband who was trying his best to be supportive and not laugh.

It’s all too often that we go through life like this. We aren’t paying attention to what is going on around us. We assume that our pathways are clear, and we’re walking with a giant pile of dirty laundry in front of us. We get lost in our own world and the next thing we know we’re wrestling things that if we would have just paid attention to we could have avoided.

1 Peter 5:8 (NIV)8 Be alert and of sober mind. Your enemy the devil prowls around like a roaring lion looking for someone to devour.


Now I’m not saying it was some demonic plan for me to crash in the garage. That was my own doing. But what I’m saying is things in life happen that way. The devil will try to throw things in your path to trip you up. We have to be in prayer. We have to be alert so that if anything is in our path we can’t see we can hear God tell us to take two steps to the right.

Isaiah 45:2 (KJV)

I will go before thee, and make the crooked places straight: I will break in pieces the gates of brass, and cut in sunder the bars of iron

We must be alert to move when God says to move. God does have awesome plans for your life. Get excited.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

....And I broke the Pickle Jar

Lessons Learned In The Pruning Season

Don't Fall For the Fake Jakes!