Twas the Night before Thanksgiving



I hope everyone had an awesome Thanksgiving weekend. We were a tad on the rough side at our house. I hardly ever get sick. I mean when I was a kid I got sick at every little thing, but when I was in college someone gave me a prophetic word that God was protecting me in the area of my health and from then on maybe I’ve gotten a cold a year, minus the health issues I had after my youngest was born. However the flu from HELL came through my house this last week like a tornado. Dan got it first, and then I did. I am praying the kids don’t get it. After a week of this junk, I’m much better though I probably need a few more naps. We keep standing on 1Peter 2:24 and Romans 8:11.

My ‘Night before Thanksgiving’ consisted of me: hacking most of the night trying not to wake up the kids, trying to pray at 4 am when I couldn’t sleep, and boiling hot tea and settling down to drink it only to accidently dump it on my chest and burn myself in the early hours of the morning. While my family had visions of turkey and apple pie dancing in their heads I may have broken out into an all-out pity party at myself.

Perhaps I’m overly dramatic, and I will admit to it, but no matter how crappy I’ve ever felt it’s beautiful that God is with me even in the pits. Even as tired and in pain as I was in the night before Thanksgiving, God was right there with me.

Romans 8:38-39 (NIV)38 For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, 39 neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

No matter where you are today, God sees you where you’re at. He knows where you are, and He loves you. He wants to get you out of your pits of despair and set you up on higher ground. You just have to trust Him to lead you through. He is faithful!

Remember, God has awesome plans for your life. Get excited!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

....And I broke the Pickle Jar

Lessons Learned In The Pruning Season

Don't Fall For the Fake Jakes!