Which one are you talking about God?



Last night God downloaded a really awesome book idea to me. It’s not a completely unusual occurrence. I like anyone who starts to step into their gifting will learn once you use that gift you start realizing you can do it, and thus God gives you more to use that gifting on. Usually I have about five book ideas roaming around in my head. Easily I could be one of those Einstein esk hermit like people who don’t do anything other than work and come out on occasion in a hair frazzled afro doo (Seriously I do have the hair for it), and only stop working when I have to. I used to say I’d never write another book again after I finish one, but I’m done saying that now. I’m working on number 17. It becomes an addiction. This is why one of the many reasons God, my friends, and family are such a blessing. They help me learn balance.

A little over a month ago Hank Kunneman had given me a prophetic word about a book God was giving to me to write. It’s funny though, I’m working on one book and have about five on deck, so now I’m like, “Is it this one God? Is it this one? Or is it this one?”

It can be very easy to get up in your head about these things and start obsessing over them. But that isn’t God’s intention. Prophetic words are meant to be encouragement. They aren’t meant to stress over them. I always joke that when Jesus was born, Joseph didn’t have a scroll list of all the places and things Jesus would need to live and go in order to be the Messiah. He just listened to what God was telling him and it all worked out. All those words worked out. It wasn’t for them to make happen. It just worked out.

One of my favorite scriptures is:

Isaiah 30:21 (ESV)
 And your ears shall hear a word behind you, saying, “This is the way, walk in it,” when you turn to the right or when you turn to the left.

But in the context of that, I’ll add another important one. . . .

Philippians 4:6
Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God.

God will bring about the things He has spoken to you. They will come to pass. It’s not your job to make them happen. HOWEVER, it’s your job to do what you can to get there. Meaning, I have to write the books God has on my heart. Maybe I’ll have to submit them to a publisher, but its God’s job to open the door and orchestrate the divine appoints. You can take rest in the fact somehow someway God will and does make a way.

Remember, God has awesome plans for your life. Get excited!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

....And I broke the Pickle Jar

Lessons Learned In The Pruning Season

Don't Fall For the Fake Jakes!