Crossing Border Chaos



            As promised, I have another Canadian/American border crossing story.  This time we were leaving Canada we decided to take the tunnel.  Usually we opt for the Ambassador Bridge but the traffic leaving Canada is better on the tunnel.  Every time we travel this way we borrow a vehicle of my parents’.  A year ago my parents invested in a luxury SUV and so seeing that car cross the border always puts the border guards on a heightened alert.  Automatically they want to make sure the car is not stolen.  I understand their thoughts.  I also understand I have to prove to them it’s not stolen. 

            This time we were traveling through the boarder and the guard asked for the proof of insurance and registration.  The question on his part was a no brainer.  I know where my mom keeps the paperwork.  However Dan and I got a little frazzled.  We kept searching where the papers were kept and couldn’t find them.  Then internally we started to panic. 

            “Can I call my parents?” I tried to ask the border guard.

            “No.”  His face was stoic and lacked sympathy.

            Ultimately after some wrangling of an old Ohio State University ID that had my maiden name on it and a lot of polite “yes sir” and “no sir’s” we were finally let through with a strong warning about crossing an International Border and having the burden of proof.

            About 30 minutes later we found the missing paperwork right where I knew it was located in the first place.  We’d been so frazzled by the boarder and the chaos that we’d looked right over it.  The mistake was ours, and really that boarder guard could have made out afternoon quite difficult. 

            We’ve all found ourselves in that kind of situation.  We’re stressed, nervous, and make the wrong decision.  There is a reason why God gives His suggestions in this matter.


He says, “Be still, and know that I am God; I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth.”

No matter what is going on around you, choose today to be still and know that He Is God.  Trust in Him and the chaos around you will seem to shift.  It doesn’t mean that everything will be still, but when you are still in Him then He gets to work.

Remember God has awesome plans for your life.  Get excited.

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

....And I broke the Pickle Jar

Lessons Learned In The Pruning Season

Don't Fall For the Fake Jakes!