You've Been Prepared For This!


            Recently I was approached to do a small project.  At first the whole thing seemed a tad intimidating to me.  Self-doubt seemed to be raging in my mind, and I was struggling to remind myself that ‘that I can do all things through Christ that strengthens me.’ (Philippians 4:13)  However the more I thought about the project the more I began to realize that I’ve done very similar things before now.  Even though this particular project seemed like such a big ordeal, really I had been prepared.   I can go through several instances in my life that trained me for this project.  Once I started working on the project, it went smoother than I thought it might.  I realized it really was true that God had made me ready for this.
            I think our minds over exaggerate circumstances.  We hear a list of worries and self-doubts and rarely take a moment to relax and trust that God is in charge.  Often we find ourselves fighting with those very things that prepare us later in life.  This is why it’s so important to just go with God when He is leading us to do things that make no sense in our minds.  We might just find that later in life we learned lessons that we needed to learn. 
            Think about Esther for a moment.

Esther 4:14 (NIV)

14 For if you remain silent at this time, relief and deliverance for the Jews will arise from another place, but you and your father’s family will perish. And who knows but that you have come to your royal position for such a time as this?”
            She had been put into place and prepared for her moment.  She had to go through beauty rituals and other ordeals to become queen, but later it all made sense and prepared her for what God had for her.  Preparation time is NEVER wasted time!  It always has a purpose! 
            Just like me in this situation, I believe there are situations in your life that you’re facing that God has prepared for you.  Don’t shrink or be intimidated.  Be bold and confident!  You have been prepared for such a time as this!  Let God work in you and through you!

God has awesome plans for your life.  Get excited.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

....And I broke the Pickle Jar

Lessons Learned In The Pruning Season

Don't Fall For the Fake Jakes!