I Went Apple Picking!


            Yes, it is true.  I went apple picking.  I suppose too many this is a triumph that doesn’t seem to blog worthy.  I suppose too many it’s not.
            Probably about five or six years ago I had the biggest desire to go apple picking.  We were living in Florida the land of the hot and hotter and it wasn’t until this desire hit, did I realize you can’t go apple picking in Florida.  Shocking I know, but I never realized that apples need the freeze to grow and there are no apple orchards that I could find in any kind of drive from the Orlando/Kissimmee area.  I know this seems so minor, but it totally bummed me out.  I even joked on Twitter about four years ago that I was going to move back to Ohio, get a house with apple trees and sell jars of apple sauce with every book I ever sold.  Then I found some Ohio business organization found that tweet and posted it on their website.  My husband and I laughed about the whole thing.  We never thought we actually move back to Ohio. 
When we went this weekend to a local event and found ourselves apple picking I have to admit I found a sweet spot of happiness.  My family had a blast diving in leaf piles, going on a hay ride, and getting lost in a hay maze.  Then my oldest and I took our bounty and made apple sauce for the first time.  I had never made apple sauce before now.  I found out I make a good apple sauce.  In fact Dan and I now want to have a few apple trees of our own when we find the right house to move into. 
Psalms 37:4
Delight yourself in the LORD, and he will give you the desires of your heart.

I think God has a way of bringing his people to a place where they find they are living the desires of their heart.  I realize that picking apples and making apple sauce isn’t a huge ground breaking desire I had, but it was a small one.  It was something that I wanted to do, and am happy my family and I got to enjoy it together.  I’ve mentioned before that I think our culture has become too involved in observing life, versus living it.  The older I get in the Lord the more I realize that we just need to enjoy where God has us for the moment, and trust Him for the ride.  God has a way with bringing things around in your life, working all things to the good of those that Love Him. (Romans 8:28)  Trust Him with your life.  I believe that he can give you some of your hearts desires both big and small.  Trust Him, and watch what He can do.

God has awesome plans for your life.  Get excited.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

....And I broke the Pickle Jar

Lessons Learned In The Pruning Season

Don't Fall For the Fake Jakes!