Do you feel stuck in a window?

When I was in high school my friends and I used to sneak out my parents house by climbing out the top story window and down the TV antennae. Why we didn’t just go out the front door I’ll never figure out, but it made sense at the time. Once a good friend got half way out the window and got scared. She was trying to make it to the TV pole and wasn’t too sure about leaving the house. She started to freak out and yell at us all who were already waiting for her on the ground. To which we were trying to shush her because we were trying to sneak out and be as inconspicuous as possible. Finally after a lot of convincing she made her way down the antennae. I was thinking about this story laughing the other day. We were pretty loud. I’m NOT condoning sneaking out, the story is just a funny memory. :-)

Life can be a lot like feeling like you’re stuck in a window. We go through a series of transitions and sometimes it can feel like your half in the old and half in the new. Having that feeling of being stuck can be scary and frustrating, because you can see the new on the other side, but your feet are still in the old.

There are some important things you must remember in these times.

1) Trust God and don’t get scared! In Exodus God had brought the Israelites out of Egypt to bring them into the Promised Land. After everything God had brought them through they still didn’t really trust God. When they saw that there where giants in the land they freaked out and refused to take their land. All but Caleb and Joshua refused to trust God. As a result God got ticked and the Israelites had to wander in the wilderness for 40 years and the only two people that saw the Promised Land out of that generation was Caleb and Joshua. You have to know that things may come at you. But you have GOT TO step out into the unknown when you know God has called you to. You have to trust that everything God has brought you through is not to bring you to destruction. You have to go forward and trust God! Jeremiah 29:11 says, “For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.”

2) Its okay to remember the things of old, and remember what God brought you through, but don’t cling to it so much that you won’t let go. God is a God that likes to bring you into new places and higher levels. All too often people get so comfortable where they were that when it comes time to transition they don’t want to move their feet from the places of old. It’s not easy choice to make. But if you want to move on with God you’ll push forward. You’ll find the grace and the inner strength to move forward. You must continue to declare to yourself, “That you’re not going back; you’re moving ahead, you’re moving forward.” Philippians 3:12-14 in the Message Bible says, “I'm not saying that I have this all together, that I have it made. But I am well on my way, reaching out for Christ, who has so wondrously reached out for me. Friends, don't get me wrong: By no means do I count myself an expert in all of this, but I've got my eye on the goal, where God is beckoning us onward—to Jesus. I'm off and running and I'm not turning back.”

3) Rejoice for what you can see. Rejoice because God ordained the times and the seasons for your life. Rejoice and be thankful for the land he’s brought you through and the land He’s bringing you to. Choose to at peace with what you know He is doing. You see yourself on the other side of this. You can see out the window. You know that the tides have changed over your life and you are about to step into destiny that God has prepared you for. You’re years of preserving have gotten you to this place and you know you’re stepping into a divine time. Philippians 4:4 in the (NKJV) says, “Rejoice in the Lord always. Again I will say, rejoice!” Ecclesiastes 3:1 says in the Message, “There’s an opportune time to do things, a right time for everything on the earth:”

Be excited people. God is doing something in his people in this hour. Be excited that the years you’ve labored for the kingdom have not been in vain. Be excited because the window is open and you can see out the other side. Be encouraged that thought it has felt as if this season would never pass, you will find that suddenly like a bomb are about to explode all over and you will see the promises fulfilled over your life. Don’t quit. Don’t give up! Know that He is God. Encourage yourself and go read Hebrews 11 today! God comes through for His people.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

....And I broke the Pickle Jar

Lessons Learned In The Pruning Season

Don't Fall For the Fake Jakes!