But God, That Doesn't Make Sense?

Recently I have found myself walking through a situation that makes no sense to my natural way of thinking. God has made His will and path before me quite clear, but I’ve been trying to reason it all in my head and honestly, I’m quite baffled by the whole situation. I began to reflect on this. I began to realize many times God puts us in situations that may not make sense to our own way of thinking. Sometimes God will tell you to do things, and it’s easy to think “but God, that doesn’t make sense?”

Isaiah 55:8-11 in the Message Bible says, “8-11"I don't think the way you think.
The way you work isn't the way I work." God's Decree. "For as the sky soars high above earth, so the way I work surpasses the way you work, and the way I think is beyond the way you think. Just as rain and snow descend from the skies and don't go back until they've watered the earth, Doing their work of making things grow and blossom, producing seed for farmers and food for the hungry, So will the words that come out of my mouth not come back empty-handed. They'll do the work I sent them to do, they'll complete the assignment I gave them.”

Quite often there might be things that God will lay on your heart to do that may not make sense to your natural thinking, but remember God sees a bigger picture. God sees your whole life. God sees the beginning from the end. He knows where you need to be, or what you need to do. His ways may not always make sense to your natural thinking, but that is okay. When he decrees a thing, it brings life and fruit. You may not understand everything, but once you’re sure that you know God wants you somewhere you need to be there.

Think about other situations in the Bible. Do you think it made sense to Moses when he looked out over the Red Sea and saw the pillar of fire holding back the Egyptians. Nope, it probably scared him. But God put those Israelites in such a position that a miracle occurred. Do you think it made sense to Joshua when God told him to march around the Promised Land and sound the trumpets? Nope, if I was planning on taking my land and God told me to march around it, that wouldn’t make sense to me. But God took care of it and the walls of Jericho came tumbling down. Do you think it made sense that Elijah had the people prepare the sacrifice by pouring water over it, and then he called fire from heaven? Nope, but God showed up and it proved an even bigger miracle because everyone in the area knew how wet the sacrifice had been made. Do you think it made sense to natural thinking that the Messiah was born in a manger? Do you think it made sense to Peter when Jesus told him to step out of the boat? Do you think it made sense to the paralytic when Jesus told him to get up and walk?

Often times God will tell you to do things that won’t make sense to your head? Why? Which are you going to believe: faith in what He says or the circumstances around you?

We’ll all face situations that will make us question. I want to encourage you today to figure out what God has to say in the matter. Make sure you’ve heard from heaven, and then even if it doesn’t make sense to your way of thinking, just do it. Just do what God is telling you to do. Be courageous because God is on your side. He wants you to trust Him.

******I want to extend to all of you a very Merry Christmas and Happy Holiday season from my family to yours. I will be taking some time off from writing blogs. I will write another just before the New Year entitled,“2010, It’ll be better than it’s been!” Have a great couple of weeks! Love you!*******

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

....And I broke the Pickle Jar

Lessons Learned In The Pruning Season

Don't Fall For the Fake Jakes!