Can You Tell I'm Bleached?

My grandmother was an amazing woman. She had an uncanny ability to get anything spotless. If she couldn’t clean it she’d paint it. I’m not joking. She would even bleach her lawn rocks once a year. Because of this ability anytime we had a garment we couldn’t seem to get the stain out it would get sent to grandma’s house because somehow she could. The problem with this was that sometimes when you sent any type of garment with color in it, there were no promises as to what color it would be when you got it back. Sometimes that wasn’t too big of a deal. However when your school colors are Red and Black, and your on the softball team, and suddenly your uniform is a strange shade of orange and brown it can get a little embarrassing. I’m exaggerating a tad. I don’t remember it ever turning orange and brown, but I do remember it being a slightly different shade of red. It was obvious that uniform was different and stood out.

The blood of Jesus is better than any bleach. John 1:7 says, “But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship one with another, and the blood of Jesus Christ his Son cleanseth us from all sin.”

We all mess up. We all sin. We all fall short. When we plead the sacrifice of Jesus over our lives it should change us. When we cry out and say, “God because of your son’s sacrifice I shall be clean in your eyes.” Our result should be obvious. We now have the ability to be in the presence of God because Jesus has made a way. It should be that people notice a change in us. It should be that they notice that we are different.

1 Corinthians 1:1 says in the Message Bible, “I, Paul, have been called and sent by Jesus, the Messiah, according to God's plan, along with my friend Sosthenes. I send this letter to you in God's church at Corinth, believers cleaned up by Jesus and set apart for a God-filled life. I include in my greeting all who call out to Jesus, wherever they live. He's their Master as well as ours!” Our cleansing through the cross should set us apart.

So many times people myself included want to just blend in and be like everyone else. I can remember as a kid in Sunday School wanting not to respond to the question because I always was and nobody else would speak up. This irritated me, and I tried so hard not to answer. I didn’t want to stand out. As an adult I’ve grown to realize that God made me and set me apart for His glory, and continuing to try to just blend in is doing myself, those around me, and God’s call on my life a disservice. Why? Because just trying to blend in is not what God created me or anyone else to be in this life. I need to be true to who God created me. Sometimes that means I may feel a little uncomfortable. But that’s okay.

So what if you’re different? We all are. The last time I check no two people are alike. It’s a lie to believe you’ll ever completely blend into the background. You’re different. So stop trying to merely blend in, and start accepting yourself for who God made you. You are different and unique. God has a plan and a purpose for your life. You were not created by accident, but you were formed in your mothers’ womb with a purpose. Whether you want to believe or not only you have the unique capability to fulfill that purpose. Sure God could rise up and get someone else to do it, but He’s calling you to be set apart for His glory. One day we’ll all have to give an account for what we did and didn’t do on this earth. Will you say to him, “I didn’t want to stand out of the crowd, so I didn’t try?” Somehow I don’t think this answer would go over well.

I feel there are many struggling who are reading this as I type. God’s made clear his path before you and in your head there are still questions circling around your thoughts as if in a marching band. You have to stop all the questions to dictate to you what you will and won‘t do. You have to trust God and move into what you know to be His will for your life. You have to get over yourself and stop trying to blend into the background. Stand and know He is God in your life, in your circumstance, and in your destiny! His plan is bigger for you than what you see. The fulfillment in life you seek can only be found in serving God and doing what He’s designed you for in this life.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

....And I broke the Pickle Jar

Lessons Learned In The Pruning Season

Don't Fall For the Fake Jakes!