Spring Forward

Back in January I was praying and kept getting the phrase “new spring” and “springing forward” as if it was dropped deep within my spirit. Immediately I ran to the calendar to see when spring started this year, and after I wrote this on the calendar I went back to prayer, and kept praying about this.

When I was in gymnastics we used to have to do exercises on the spring board. That is the little apparatus that the person runs and jumps off of once you get on the end and typically jumps onto the horse. Spring boards are really two boards fashioned together at one end and springs on the other end. I can remember being a little intimidated by the spring board. You are to run at them as fast as you can and spring off the other end. Springing off can be scary. I mean really you’re propelling yourself high in the air, and have very little control over your flight.

Sometimes in can get frustrating living in the prophetic side of serving the Lord. God doesn’t live in time, and His timing is always perfect, but sometimes it’s like God, “I know I heard you. . . .where is it already?” I want to remind you all again of the word that God gave me and several others at the first of the year. Isaiah 43:19 (NKJV) says, “Behold, I will do a new thing, Now it shall spring forth; Shall you not know it? I will even make a road in the wilderness And rivers in the desert.”

I believe we’ve entered into a season of springing forward. But just as I said about the spring board, springing forward can get a little scary to our flesh in the physical. You have to trust God enough to actually spring forward. If He’s had you running all this time and you run up the spring board and stop. . . You aren’t going to go anywhere. You have to trust him to take the leap he’s telling you to take. Loosing control to yourself isn’t a bad thing, because in this instance it just means you’ve allowed God to have the control over your life.

I want to encourage all of you today, to take the jumps He’s telling you to take. I believe that we’ve entered into this season of springing forth. I for one am excited to be there because I don’t know about you, but it feels like I’ve been running towards this moment in time for a really long time. I’m ready to do something different even if it means jumping into areas I don’t know what is going to happen. I am excited, because God is doing a new thing. Embrace the change today. He is Good and His plans are perfect in your life.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

....And I broke the Pickle Jar

Lessons Learned In The Pruning Season

Don't Fall For the Fake Jakes!