How’s your flexibility?

I have noticed something in my years of serving the Lord. That is God loves to surprise His children. Sometimes we have in our minds exactly the way we think something will happen, and while God brings about what He said, it happens a bit differently. You have to be firm in what God told you, but willing that it may not happen exactly like you think it will.

1 Corinthians 2:6
We, of course, have plenty of wisdom to pass on to you once you get your feet on firm spiritual ground, but it's not popular wisdom, the fashionable wisdom of high-priced experts that will be out-of-date in a year or so. God's wisdom is something mysterious that goes deep into the interior of his purposes. You don't find it lying around on the surface. It's not the latest message, but more like the oldest—what God determined as the way to bring out his best in us, long before we ever arrived on the scene. The experts of our day haven't a clue about what this eternal plan is. If they had, they wouldn't have killed the Master of the God-designed life on a cross. That's why we have this Scripture text: No one's ever seen or heard anything like this, Never so much as imagined anything quite like it— What God has arranged for those who love him. But you've seen and heard it because God by his Spirit has brought it all out into the open before you.


Matthew 12:6
"There is far more at stake here than religion. If you had any idea what this Scripture meant—'I prefer a flexible heart to an inflexible ritual'—you wouldn't be nitpicking like this. The Son of Man is no lackey to the Sabbath; he's in charge."

You have to learn in your walk with God to try to stay flexible. You have to be firmly persuaded what God said, but flexible on how your going to get there.

I think sometimes we put God in a box. We’re so convinced He’s going to operate in a certain manner that we stop trying to see what else He’s saying.

When God told me to write my first book I was sure that would be the book that God would open the doors up initially with (and in someways with the short story I was published in last year he did, but I haven‘t seen the fullness on things yet). But as time wove on like a large blanket I had to start pushing forward. While I know that book will be published I had to start asking God what was next. So, I wrote my next and my next. But even more so for years I’ve considered myself have been anointed to write fiction. I’ve found myself recently flushing out a revelation God gave me years ago and in the next day or so I will be finishing the rough draft of my 10th book, that is my first full length non fiction book.

The point I’m trying to make is quite simply let God be God in your lives. It’s so easy to get caught up in what we think will happen, that we eliminate God from working. It’s like he starts us on a journey and we get stuck at the first gas station. At each stop in the road you have to ask God where do I go from here? We have to be willing to turn if God says to turn, to go slower if He says go slower, and to go the last leg at a catapult if He says that.

Isaiah 1:19 (KJV) “If ye be willing and obedient, ye shall eat the good of the land:”

God will show you what is next in your life Isaiah 30:21 says, “And thine ears shall hear a word behind thee, saying, This is the way, walk ye in it, when ye turn to the right hand, and when ye turn to the left.” You must be willing to do it.

Sometimes things just don’t make sense in your mind at the moment. My husband has an Associates degree in one industry. Later he felt to get another in another industry. While both industries seemed worlds apart, and it looked like he was making a complete turn when he got the second one. The job he works at today specifically wanted someone with both of these backgrounds. Today he understands why he was led to do both.

Things may not make sense to you at the time. But you much be willing to just go with what God is saying. Be willing to step our of your comfort zone and step into His plans for your life. God is looking for people who trust Him beyond what they can see. That’s what faith is, and faith makes God excited.

**** My family and I will be doing some traveling in the next two weeks, and Dan and I both felt that this time I needed to make the effort to take rest from doing the blogs in these two weeks. So pray for us. I’ll be starting the blogs up again when we end out traveling time. I am expecting a God charging while we’re gone, and I’ll be reved up to continue to do what God is calling me to. You’ll hear from me in two weeks. :-) Be blessed! Be excited, it’s a good time to be in the kingdom of God!


  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

....And I broke the Pickle Jar

Lessons Learned In The Pruning Season

Don't Fall For the Fake Jakes!