Stop Confessing You Don't Know!

A few weeks ago, I was talking to a good friend of mine and I was telling her of some of the issues that we are believing God to handle. I found myself continuing to say in the conversation that, “I didn’t know how we (meaning Dan and I) were going to do this.” After I got off the phone, I could feel something wasn’t right.

As I began to pray, I felt the Holy Spirit say to me, “Stop confessing you don’t know how this is all going to come together. I know how it is, and you’re not going to do this. I am. So you do know how it’s all going to come together. I’m going to do it.”

Since that encounter, I’ve been trying to guard my tongue more. I have to choose to stay in faith that God knows what He’s doing even if I’ve certainly stepped out of my comfort zone.

Proverbs 18:21 (NIV)
The tongue has the power of life and death, and those who love it will eat its fruit.

You have to choose to speak life or God’s will about a situation even when it would be easy to focus on your fears. This doesn’t mean that you live in denial. This means you giving God rule and reign in the situation. This means that you are speaking the truth. His truth and His word is true!

If you find yourself in a circumstance search what the word of God says on the matter. Get yourself some scriptures to memorize about that situation. So when the fears, doubts and questions come to you, You can stand. Speak the word of God to the situation and eventually you’ll see the situation change.

Choose to speak the life of God into your life. You’ll be glad you did.

Proverbs 16:9 (NIV)
9 In their hearts humans plan their course,
but the LORD establishes their steps.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

....And I broke the Pickle Jar

Lessons Learned In The Pruning Season

Don't Fall For the Fake Jakes!