What is lingering in your fridge?

As most of you know I just spent the last three weeks in the North. We had an awesome trip and it was hard for me to come home. Right before Dan left our house, due to an electrical error our fridge lost power. While I didn’t have much of anything in the refrigerator, at various time throughout our trip I kept mentally going down the list of things I knew that awaited me when we returned home. It was a really good thing that our flight returned mid day because as soon as we got home, I got to work. What awaited us could only be defined as a science fair project. It was nasty! Mold in places that should never have mold, and the smell lingered for a couple of days even after I bleached and bought baking soda.

Many times we treat things that are going wrong in our life like my refrigerator. We know that there is a mess in certain areas. Sure, we may mentally give it some thought now and then. But we find ourselves procrastinating about it. Thinking we’ll just deal with it later. In reality it just gets worse and worse.

There is an old argument about how one pulls off a band-aid. Is it best to pull it off quickly and the pain is over quickly? Or is it best to gradually do it so the pain lingers? I’m of the school of pull it off quickly. Get it over with and deal with the situation.

Luke 8:17 (Amplified Bible)For there is nothing hidden that shall not be disclosed, nor anything secret that shall not be known and come out into the open.

Just because you can’t see something doesn’t mean it’s not there. Stop procrastinating. Make a New Year’s Resolution! Be more honest with yourself. Avoiding situations is really denial, which is lying to yourself.

We’ve all avoiding dealing with certain situations because we tell ourselves we don’t want to, but eventually it’s got to be dealt with. Whatever the stinky refrigerators are in your life, make the commitment to deal with them today. Sometimes you may not know how. Ask the Lord. He’ll show you what’s the bleach and baking soda to your mess, and with His help it’ll be okay!

I hope you all had a very Merry Christmas and Happy New Year. Get excited this is an exciting time in the Kingdom!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

....And I broke the Pickle Jar

Lessons Learned In The Pruning Season

Don't Fall For the Fake Jakes!