My Emotional Week


It has been a difficult week for me and I thought I would share. It is always hard on me leaving the North after I have been there for an extended period. It is mixed with emotions and difficulties of readjusting our mindsets that we are continuing to commit to be where God wants us. Then this morning both my daughters started school. That is right. I said both. My baby started kindergarten and my oldest 5th grade.

Over 10 years ago when Dan and I felt that I needed to stay at home with the girls for that season of time, it was not an easy choice. I tried to come up with all the excuses why it was unrealistic, but really, we knew it was what we felt God wanted us to do. I struggled for several years with that choice. Sometimes it can feel like seasons last a lifetime and it continued to be an on again off again struggle. Sure sending my oldest to school for the first time was difficult, but this time it was harder because my youngest is my baby.

This morning as I drove to the school with tears pooling in my eyes, I realized as challenge filled staying home with the girls had been, God had given me a gift. I had gotten the opportunity to be there with them as their primary educator, doctor, dietitian trainer, comedian, play dough sculptor and tent maker for the first five years of their lives. I realized had I made the choice to be working a fulltime job in all those years I would not have gotten that gift. I am not going to start saying women cannot work. You have to do what you feel God wants you to do. However, in my case I realized how much of a gift it had been for our family.

Therefore, while I set here and cry at the emptiness and silence of our house, I can truly set back and say God knew what He was doing all along.

Romans 8:28 (NIV)
28 And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who[a] have been called according to his purpose.


I know I have to keep trusting Him. He knows what is next in the season of our lives. I have to keep doing my part, but He has it all worked out. It will be nice to get to spend some time with God without being interrupted every two seconds.

Today I think I will go for a jog, it will be a change to run without Cat In The Hat playing in the background, and then clean out my closet that has needed to be done for months.

I know it will be well. But that does not mean I did not cry. As I have said before, “Not embracing change is like standing in the middle of a busy highway wondering why you get hit in the traffic. You just have to go with it.” Today with tears in my eyes, I am going with it. Remember to go with what God is doing in your life. Don’t set back and get hit in the highway. He’s got awesome plans for you, so get excited!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

....And I broke the Pickle Jar

Lessons Learned In The Pruning Season

Don't Fall For the Fake Jakes!