A Branch Came Out and Smacked Me!



I like to say that I’m a reformed klutz. I haven’t broken a bone in years, and while I wore that label in my youth I would say few who know me since then realize my past. But maybe it’s time I join a support group. We’ll call it Klutz Anonymous, because I had a relapse last week. “Hi, my name is Anna Aquino and I can be a klutz. It’s now been 5 days since my last instance…”

Last week I was riding my bike. I was in my own little world. I was enjoying the sun and the crisp fall weather that is finally making its appearance in Central Florida. My mind was far from what I was doing, when all of a sudden I looked in front of me. I saw it coming. It was a branch from a tree that hung out over the sidewalk. I went to duck but there wasn’t enough time. *Smack* my glasses fell off my face. I heard them with a ping hit the sidewalk. It was as if I was caught in slow motion. I went to stop my bike but then the sound that echoed in the morning breeze reverberated in the stillness of the moment. *Crunch* It happened all so quickly but I knew as soon as I had heard that crunch that I hadn’t just run over an acorn. As I stopped my bike and made my way back to the scene of the branch smacking, I knew what I would find. Lying in a pile of smooched wire and broken plastic was my glasses. It looked as if they’d been tattooed in the sidewalk with a jackhammer. I tried to bend them back into place the best that I could, but there was a crack through the lens. I made my way home looking like a dork with my glasses the way they were.

Proverbs24:16a (MSG) God-loyal people don't stay down long;
Soon they're up on their feet.


I have always joked that the true measure of a woman is not when she falls because inevitably she will, but its how she gets back up again. It is the same with us as believers. Joking aside I know my moment of klutziness isn’t a sin, but think of it as a picture to teach a bigger lesson. We all have our moments. We all fall short, but get back up again and keep going. Sure I know I looked like something out of a slap stick movie, but I can’t let one moment in time define my entire life or day. I have to keep moving forward. I have to learn leave my moment in the past, and press on to my future.

The good news about all of this is, I found years ago the greatest outlet for prescription glasses. Its www.zennioptical.com Where after I came home I took my lens prescription and ordered myself three more pairs of glasses for $25 with shipping.

Yes, I fell off the klutz wagon again. But at least I got up and kept going.

No matter what you’re struggling with today. You don’t have to stay there. You too can get up and keep going. God wants you to succeed. Remember He has awesome plans for your life so get excited!

*Note: My family and I are going to be focusing the next few weeks on family time, and getting some time with the Lord for prayer and focus for 2012. It’s a big year coming up for me with the book coming out, and we’re prayerfully believing for many doors to open. Like anytime we do this, I will be having a break in the blogs. I may write one just before 2012 to tell y’all what I am feeling for the New Year, but you probably aren’t going to be hearing from me for a couple weeks. Realize I love y’all. I will be coming back to my typical bog schedule. Have a very Merry Christmas from our house to yours. Be encouraged that He is faithful to you. Whatever happened in 2011 whether good or bad, realize that you gotta keep moving forward, and keep trusting in Him. Merry Christmas, and Happy New Year.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

....And I broke the Pickle Jar

Lessons Learned In The Pruning Season

Don't Fall For the Fake Jakes!