Are You Really Prepared?


Among the many things I am doing these days, Dan and I are in the process of opening up a chain of bookstores in churches. It’s kind of a long story how we’ve gotten thrown into all of this. I’m partners with Dr. Webb in our film company (Tri Legacy Films International https://www.facebook.com/TriLegacyFilmsInternational). He is helping start Bible Colleges in churches all over the globe and as a result these same churches are in need of bookstores. This is where Dan and I are coming in. It’s been a learning process.

I have been in want of a small Bible based skin care line. So I did some Google searching and came across a line that I thought had some great potential for the stores. I actually got a little excited when I saw their products. However when I called the phone number they had listed on their website, no one answered. I didn’t even get a voicemail. The recording said that they hadn’t recorded a voice mail yet.

Call me a tad business hardcore, but my interest is done. If these people do not have enough faith, time, or fortitude to set up a voicemail that someone will actually call them from their website then I don’t want to do business with them. They had faith to set up a website, but with no contact information other than a non-working phone number. Then they aren’t someone I want to work with.

God will often call us to make faith steps that can feel like huge jumps, but we have to do our part. We have to live our lives ready for the day we get the voicemails, and emails from people that’s excited about what we’re doing. We have to get to the door He calls us to, and while we can’t actually open that door on our own, we do have to be ready for it to open. We have to do everything we can including setting up voicemail accounts even if it’s doing it in faith.

The Bible clear says that faith without works is dead (James 2:17). It would be like staring at a car. You know the car was there but you have to physically get gas in the car, check the oil, sit in the driver’s seat, and turn the engine. You have to do your part.

So remember this story as you endeavor to do what God has called you to do on the earth. If your breakthrough were to happen tomorrow…would you really be prepared? Have you done everything you need to do?

Remember, God has awesome plans for your life. Get excited.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

....And I broke the Pickle Jar

Lessons Learned In The Pruning Season

Don't Fall For the Fake Jakes!