Hidden Heart Desires



            Greetings,

            I hope you all had an amazing last few weeks.  I am back near internet and a computer though I am still in traveling mode.  In fact if you’re in the Ohio area I’ll be preaching in Marion on Sunday at Celebration Christian Church on Smeltzer Road.  I’d love to see you. 

            I wanted to write a bit today about this scripture.


Take delight in the Lord, and he will give you the desires of your heart

I hear it quoted quite often.  It seems to me that we always are looking for God to grant our heart’s desires in the bigger things by a house, job, or dream coming forth.  But we forget to thank Him when he grants us our heart’s desires in the small things. 

            Last week my family and I were blessed to travel up into Canada to Niagara Falls.  This was not something I’d always dreamed about doing, but as I stood on the “Maid of the Mist” only feet away of the falls getting wet in the spray and laughing, I realized this was a heart’s desire.  It’s something that deep down I always really wanted to do.

            We also got to travel to a little hidden place up in Canada called African Lion Safari.  It may be really possible that we all could be in South Africa one day on a real safari, but in the meantime this was pretty close, and again as I watched a giraffe tower over the bus I realized this was a hidden heart desire I had never even realized was there.

            So often in life we find ourselves getting frustrated at God because we think where are all these grandiose heart desires and promises we feel we’ll get one day.  But in doing that, I think we miss the adventure of life.  We forget to thank him for the small things.  We forget that life is a journey and not a sprint.  We only have one life to live, and thanking God for the small things I think makes us appreciate every day we’re given a lot more.  Thank Him for the smaller things today, and you’ll find that eventually the bigger things will happen, and you’ll be a lot happier in the process.

            Remember God has awesome plans for your life.  Get Excited!

 

           

 

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

....And I broke the Pickle Jar

Lessons Learned In The Pruning Season

Don't Fall For the Fake Jakes!