Me Worry? Nahh.....



            I had a challenging few days business wise last week.  I don’t need to get into details.  But legal threats were flying and I had to confront some situations that had needed to get confronted for a while.  I really stink in these situations and avoid them at all cost.  As the dust began to settle I began rehearsing over in my mind what was said, and how I could have handled the situation possibly better.  While I tried to be in peace and let it go, I didn’t sleep for at least one night and replayed everything too many times.

            While discussing this all with my father, my dad began to instruct me in a way only my father can.  I explained to him what happened and while his response seemed simple it was so wise.

            “It seems to me,” he responded, “you stood up, and was right to defend yourself.  If this situation turns ugly then so be it.  Stop worrying about it.”

            “Yes, I’m working on it dad.”  I responded knowing he was right.

            “Don’t just work on it, but let it go.  It’s over.  Worrying is not going to change anything.”

            “I know you’re right.”

            “Then stop worrying.”

            Everything my father said just reiterated what God says in these matters.  Matthew 6 talks a lot about how we shouldn’t worry.


Can any one of you by worrying add a single hour to your life?

          As much as I knew it wasn’t going to help anything to worry I still found myself in the circle, with the simple words of my father it reminded me how silly it was for me to hold onto all of this negative drama.  I had to choose to let it go.

            How easy it is for all of us to get caught up in holding onto the ‘what if’s’ in life.  In my case I’d stood up to what seemed to be a “goliath”, and nowhere in the Bible do you see after David stood up to Goliath did he worry about offending people, or how he came across.  He faced the giant, and moved on with his life.  You can’t walk in your life backwards . . . it’ll just make you trip.  You have to choose not to worry, and choose to move forward.  Whatever storms and goliaths you face in your life, you have to choose to give it to God.  You have to choose to do what my daddy told me, and just let it go.

Remember God has awesome plans for your life.  Get excited!

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

....And I broke the Pickle Jar

Lessons Learned In The Pruning Season

Don't Fall For the Fake Jakes!