Confessions of a Ninja Housewife

 
          In the last blog I spoke of a business/ministry situation that went very bad.  I still won’t go into specifics here, but in revealing a tactic of the enemy, I will share a bit of a conversation.  This individual when realizing what was going on, and in trying in insult me, told me “I was nothing but a housewife.”  Yes, it was his attempt at a low blow.  There are a lot of things one could call me I suppose, but when that phrase came out of this individual’s mouth I knew that the words weren’t from the individual but from the enemy/devil. 
 
            As many of you know God called me into ministry very early in life.  When Dan and I moved across the country, I had this notion that the doors to ministry and publishing would open to me very quickly.  It’s taken me a lot longer than I planned.  When God put it on my husband and my heart for me to stay at home so I could take care of our girls and write, it was not an easy transition for me.  I think I cried for five years.  The devil kept whispering lies to me that all I’d ever be was a housewife.  Really, it’s not that there is anything wrong with just being a housewife, but in my mind I thought there was at the time.  It took me years to be okay with that title.  Everyone is different, to some people this is what they want out of life, but to me it took me some time.
 
            So when this individual felt like he wanted to throw the, “your nothing but a housewife” into the argument I knew this the devil.  The funny part is, though it stung for a moment, I was able to laugh about it shortly thereafter.   The insult was so obviously from the devil and this guy was just a pawn to try to mess with me.  It brought a great level of discernment to me.  If I had any questions about severing my ties in this business exchange and with this individual they all went out the window the moment he attempted to go for my jugular like that.
 

John 8:44 ESV / You are of your father the devil, and your will is to do your father's desires. He was a murderer from the beginning, and has nothing to do with the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he lies, he speaks out of his own character, for he is a liar and the father of lies.

 

            The devil is a liar and his pants are on fire.  When people try to tell you things that God has made perfectly clear to you that aren’t true, don’t listen to it and don’t take it personally.  This situation has been very eye opening to me.  For the first time in my life I was able to take a step back and say, “I know I’m more than just a housewife, but if that’s all I ever am, then I’m okay with that.  I don’t see that as an insult.  I see that as a compliment, because for me at this point in my life that’s where God has called me to be, and that is a beautiful thing.

 

            A good friend of mine, as a result of this exchange, has started to call me the “Ninja Housewife”.  We both had a good laugh at this conversation.  It’s a title that just might stick. I think I need to have T-shirts made.  Perhaps I’ll start a Book and Preaching series called, “The Ninja Housewife." Really the possibilities for this phrase are endless. Contrary to what the devil tried to do to me in this argument, it’s now a title I will wear with honor.  To me it’s a badge of courage that tells the tale of how hard I’ve fought to be in this place.  It tells to me the tale that my family no matter what does come first.  I know God has a lot of more plans for my life.  But as a woman of God, I will wear the ‘Ninja Housewife’ title as a Congressional Medal of Honor. 

 

            Don’t bother to listen to the plans or insults of the enemy.  They aren’t true, and they aren’t worth your time.

 

            Remember God has awesome plans for your life.  Get excited.

 
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

....And I broke the Pickle Jar

Lessons Learned In The Pruning Season

Don't Fall For the Fake Jakes!