Just Wait for the Coconut!


 

            My youngest daughter loves coconut, especially right out of the shell.  We have a sordid past of trying to buy a coconut just to find out its rotten.  Needless to say I’m working on learning to tell a good one from a not so good one. 

            I bought her one from the store and she wanted me to open that thing and she wanted it done now.  I was going to get to it, but like most ninja moms I found myself multi-tasking on a whole new level.  .

            “Give me a minute and I will get to it!”  However she decided that wasn’t good enough for her, so she was going to try to get Dan to help her, and they were going to do this on their own.  I started getting a tad snarky because opening a coconut is never an easy accomplishment.  If they would just wait, I would help them.  My frustration level rose in the events.  Eventually I finished what I was doing and got that coconut open.  Fortunately I must be getting better about picking them out because this one only had a tiny bad spot.

            Do you ever wonder if God feels that way about us?  If you will just give me a moment, I will get everything done that I’m doing over here and work on what you’re asking.  Please don’t try to do it on your own.  Just give me a minute.  There is an order here.  Just wait, I’m working on it!

Zephaniah 3:8a (MSG) “Well, if that’s what you want, stick around.”
    God’s Decree.

            There is a reason God tells us not to be anxious in the Word.  If we’ve made our requests known to him we have to trust that He’s got it all worked out.  I realize it’s so much easier saying this than it actually is to walk it out.  But perhaps while we’re so busy shouting at God about how He’s not moving quickly enough, He’s working it in His order and timing.  Perhaps we do need to learn a little bit of patience. 

            Remember God has awesome plans for your life.  Get excited!

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

....And I broke the Pickle Jar

Lessons Learned In The Pruning Season

Don't Fall For the Fake Jakes!