After A Struggle, 18th book rough draft is done


 

As most of you know the story, when God put it on my heart to write my first book I honestly thought He’d gotten the wrong person. I was a kid who though has always had a gifting for creativity sorely lacks in grammatical correctness.  Ask me to diagram a sentence I might break down in tears.  (I have improved over the years.) In my heart I am a story teller, and being subjected to the laws of punctuation is a challenge.  I really cannot spell without spellcheck, and I’ve decided the boundaries of syntax in my work are subject to change.   I doubted me writing one book.  When that book initially didn’t go where I know it one day will.  God put it on my heart to write another and another, and another.  It gets to the point now where I typically have about four in my head at once while I’m working on one.  Though I have had some victories in the publishing industry I know that I will one day have more.  I do not believe in writers block.  I think it’s just an excuse.

I do not remember when the idea for book number #18 came to me.  It was probably about a year ago.  It was immediately slated in my mind for me to write, and got pushed back for a different project first.  I received a prophetic word from a well-known man of God about it months after I knew I would write it.  I knew it was for this particular book.

However, I hit some rocky areas personally and professionally some months back.  I hit a disappointment wall, and a lot of mental mind games.  Honestly I didn’t want to write the book. Many were telling me just to wait because of what I’d walked through, and I was like, “No, I can’t because the man of God who knew nothing of the situation gave me a Rhema word and I don’t have time to wait.” Sure I have always gone through about a month of procrastination before I start a project.  I work on that time being less and less, but this time it was like I’d been hit upside the head with a 2X4.  So I tried in my own ability to make myself do this project.  Writing it was like trying to drive 90 mph on a road full of speed bumps.  It just wasn’t going well.

Finally after the bruising on my forehead from hitting my head against the wall subsided, I took it to prayer.  I started to pray, and I asked my circle of people around me for prayer.  I was determined to push through the mental block to get this book done. 

The day the wall came down I sat at my computer and wept.  God finally put the pieces to my story line in a picture in front of me.  There was such an overwhelming grace for the project, and honestly after writing 18 books, this one probably came together faster than any other work of fiction that I’ve ever completed.  Sure it’s in a first draft stage, and I do need to take a break for a week and then go back to the ‘flushing it out’ and ‘cringe’ editing  parts.  But it’s there. 

James 5: 16-18 16-18 Make this your common practice: Confess your sins to each other and pray for each other so that you can live together whole and healed. The prayer of a person living right with God is something powerful to be reckoned with. Elijah, for instance, human just like us, prayed hard that it wouldn’t rain, and it didn’t—not a drop for three and a half years. Then he prayed that it would rain, and it did. The showers came and everything started growing again.

We often like to quote the above scripture, but rarely do we actually do the above scripture.  We know that our prayers are powerful, but we usually just say we are going to pray, but really we don’t pray.  We mutter a few “praise Jesus’” like a Hail Mary, then wonder why things are not moving and shifting the way we know they are supposed to go. 

If we want to see the plan of God flow in our lives, one of the things we must do is begin to pray.  I knew it was God’s will I write this book.  But my head was blocking it from coming forth.  In this case it was a lot of prayer in persistence that broke down the walls.  So now, I will have to go back to his book believing I am graced to edit, and it will be graced to get in the hands of the right people.  But, surely I know one thing I will be doing about this book, is I will definitely be praying His will comes to pass.

Remember God has awesome plans for your life.  Get excited.

 

 

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

....And I broke the Pickle Jar

Lessons Learned In The Pruning Season

Don't Fall For the Fake Jakes!