Is There Caution Tape Over Your Life?


My girls and I have been taking turns at dinner reading passages from scripture and then discussing the passages as we eat. Yesterday at dinner my oldest picked a passage where Jesus casted a demon out of a person.  This opened the conversation about angels and demons.  We also found ourselves in a conversation about spiritual doorways, and how one opens up doors in their lives for demons to come in and mess with them.  The conversation then went into using your spiritual authority that Jesus gave us, and that Jesus was stronger than any of this.  As I was explaining all of this to my youngest I felt the Holy Spirit prompt me to explain to her that if she ever opens a doorway by committing a sin, then all she needs to do is repent and ask Jesus to shut it.
She thought very silently for a moment and then piqued up, “Then Jesus puts caution tape over the door and nothing can come into it?” 
I had to laugh at her for a moment, but she was right. “Yes, in a way it’s like that.  Nothing is allowed to come in unless you let it.”
As I began to reflect on this, I realized how much I loved this idea.  When we come into the kingdom, it’s like Jesus sets “caution” tape up over our lives.  It says, “Caution, This One Is Mine!”
We are set apart for His glory (Deut 7:6).  When people see you do they see the “Caution Tape” over your life? Do we realize this, or do we try to blend into the culture that we live in.  There is real peace that surpasses all understanding when you realize that God is for you, and therefore nothing can be against you! (Romans 8:31)  Be at peace! God is on your side! If you feel you’ve opened any door to anything to mess with you, simply repent and ask the door to be closed. Trust in the Lord and in the power of His might.  Rest in His peace!

God has awesome plans for your life. Get excited!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

....And I broke the Pickle Jar

Lessons Learned In The Pruning Season

Don't Fall For the Fake Jakes!