Just Do What He Says!


            Hello my dear readers.  I know it’s been way too long since I’ve blogged and I find there are moments I really miss it.  The TBN taping went awesome, and I am still waiting to get my hands on the DVD so I can upload it.  When I get it, my media team (Dan) and I will work on getting it on YouTube.
            Anyway, as many of you know if you follow me on social media, that I finished my 22nd book a few weeks ago.  This week I finished the first read through.  It’s funny that with every book I’ve ever written there has been an internal monologue as I’ve written it.  Voices that are always telling me that “This book is the worst I’ve written.”  “No one will read this.” or “You don’t have enough for a whole manuscript.”  All through the writing process I fight these thoughts and fears.  I often spend entire books like this.  Though I only wrote this book because I’d had a vision God download in a museum last year, I fought through this book particularly hard.  There were many times I just didn’t want to finish it.  The funny thing is, after I finished and took a few days off and went back through it; I found that I think it’s one of my better books. It could easily go in either a Christian or Secular market, and the threads of God’s plan for my characters’ lives are all through it.  There are smaller seeds in this book, but very apparent to the reader.  I kept thinking as I read through the project, how much if I would have listened to my doubts I would never have finished it.  I realize that at the moment the book doesn’t have a publishing home, however one day it will.  One day I believe many will get touched by the story.
            Many people ask me why it is I still write.  While I have seen some success, I haven’t seen the level in which I know I will one day.  I still do this because deep down I know that this is what I was put on this earth to do.  One day more people will see that, but in the meantime any life that is touched for the Kingdom of God is worth the sacrifice.  Jesus saw the value of one.  May we all realize that the one is important to God, and therefore it is important to us.  Multitudes are never reached until we care about the individual.  To inquiring minds, yes I already have plans for book number 23.
            Whatever it is that God called you to do, I want to encourage you today to push through the internal moments of self-doubt and just do it.  Silence the voices and keep your eyes on Jesus.  What you do will prosper because it’s what God wants you to do.  Trust in Him.

            God has awesome plans for your life.  Get excited.

Comments

  1. I read your "Today's Inspiration" piece, and I wanted to read more. Thank You for writing and giving me a reminder of pressing on!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amen :-) So glad you enjoyed it! Super Smiles.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

....And I broke the Pickle Jar

Lessons Learned In The Pruning Season

Don't Fall For the Fake Jakes!